Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59



Today started out as any other day... we played once Gus got up and then I watched Survivor and Desperate Housewives. Gus went down for his morning nap and slept for a little more than an hour and a half. Wendy texted me to say that she couldn't find a babysitter for the girls (Ryan is out of town) and didn't think she'd be able to come with me tonight to my TM Adoption Forum MNO. I asked Steve if he'd be willing to watch them and he said yes, so I texted her to let her know. 

We went to pick up K from preschool and then headed to Chipotle for lunch. I had a BOGO coupon to use after watching a video on Facebook. Let me just say... I HATE Chipotle. I'd rather go to Moe's anyday. I found the food to be overly spicy, they didn't have regular tomatoes, and everything had cilantro in it... and I HATE CILANTRO. YUCK.

After going to Chipotle, we headed to Kids Together Park in Cary to play. I took some amazing pictures... here are the pictures of the trees in bloom, and some flowers.







I'm getting better at flowers/plants/trees right? I amaze myself sometimes at how good I am...  ;)

Then I took quite a few of Gus playing with Ashley and Kaitlyn and Wendy. I am so so so very thankful to have Wendy in my life. Not only is she an incredible friend, but she has two delightful daughters that love my son. They have their moments with him, but overall, it's like he's the little brother they never wanted.  :)











So... while we were at the park and I was taking pictures, I noticed that Gus was trying to stand more independently. I took some pictures of him, but then there were a few where he was inside this tunnel thingy and was just barely holding on, and a few times he let go completely to balance himself.





The very best picture from all of the ones that I took today is this one:
I just think it's so sweet. The way Wendy is looking at him and he's looking at her is so incredible. She loves him so much and is so good to him. I know I talk about her all the time and say how amazing she is, but seriously, who wouldn't want their best friend to look at their baby like this? It makes my heart smile.

So... we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream after the park, and then it was time for Gus's afternoon nap. He only napped for 40 minutes or so... which was surprising since he was outside in the fresh air and playing. I thought he'd be more tired than he was. 

Wendy came back over around 5ish with the girls in their PJs ready for Steve to watch them. While she was here, we were playing with Gus and guess what? HE TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS!!!!!!! I couldn't beleive it!! He took a step toward Wendy and then took three toward me! I was so excited and I couldn't believe my eyes!! Steve got home like five minutes later and I told him... he wasn't as excited as I was. I called my mom and dad and told them and they were super excited! My dad wants me to take a video of it.

So then we left the kids and headed out to the Ale House for my TM Adoption Forum dinner. It was very interesting and I'm so glad I had Wendy with me. I was super nervous and uncomfortable... but it was good. I enjoyed meeting other moms who have adopted children and I think the more I do with them, the more comfortable I'll be. The one knows another person that Wendy knows, so it was neat to see them have that connection.

We got home and it was pouring rain... it's a severe thunderstorm warning right now and there's booming in the background right now. It's time for me to head to bed... what a great way to end the month!

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment