Monday, January 23, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #22

 A Year of Gratitude #22: Aimee

I met Aimee through joining Alpha Gamma Delta back in 1999/2000. She was joining just as I was graduating, but I came back as an advisor and maintained a friendship with her. I always liked her and found it easy to talk to her... but it wasn't until after my divorce that I became really close with her.

Aimee did my hair and makeup for my starter wedding and it looked incredible... she is very talented and probably could do that during the summer while she's not teaching. :-)

Anyway, when my ex and I got divorced, I had never lived on my own before. I had a new Target Visa and needed to go shopping for things for my new apartment. Aimee was the first person I called to go with me and we had a blast. Looking back, I should have been more financially smart when it came to my shopping, but at the time it was fun.

I feel like I've known Aimee my whole life, and she's one of my best friends. When we moved to NC I was so sad because I had been used to spending my summers at her place swimming.

She is married to Matt and they got married July 8th, 2005. Her wedding was one of the most beautiful that I've been to, and I had a blast at her reception. I always have fun when I'm around her. 

 Steve and I always like to go camping, and we enjoyed camping trips with Matt and Aimee. When we got engaged in September of 2005, we were camping in the Irish Hills with Matt and Aimee. Aimee and I had been camping with some AGDs too... always a good time.
AGD Camping

AGD Homecoming BBQ

Aimee and Matt now have two boys, Lucas and Tanner and she's the best mom. I love seeing her as a mom because I know how much she loves her boys. She's a great teacher (has taught kindergarten through third grade) and is just a wonderful, wonderful person.
Lucas (L) and Tanner (R) with Gus (August 2010)


I'm thankful for having Aimee in my life. Not only has she always been there for me, but she brings out the best in me. She makes me laugh, smile, and I know that I can trust her. When we went through our many issues with infertility, I called her and cried. When we started our adoption journey, I called her. 

When Steve and I got married in the Bahamas, I asked her to be my maid of honor. Unfortunately, because we were having a destination wedding, not only was it expensive for them, but she hates to fly. So had she been able to come, she would have been my MOH. She did throw me a bachelorette party and I had so much fun!
Aimee and Steve

At my bachelorette party

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I loathe talking on the phone. I do. I seriously, honestly, HATE talking on the phone. That being said, I can talk to Aimee for over an hour and not feel like it's been more than a few minutes. She's the kind of friend that I can go several months without seeing and then pick up where we last left off.

In fact, she's one of two "MUST SEE" friends when we go to MI. One is Aimee and the other is my friend Anne. They're the two people that I absolutely make a priority to see when we're in the mitten. There's only been one time that I didn't see either of them (we didn't see anyone) and that's when we went home for Gus's finalization (we were in MI from Thursday night through Sunday morning).
Singing on the Wii

Aimee and Gus @ the park

Baby Catcher

Gus with Lucas and Tanner

Aimee is a very special person in my life and I am so thankful to know her. I should say, not only am I thankful to know her, but I'm blessed to STILL be close with her and still feel that she's near and dear to my heart. Friends come and go in our lives, but she's one that has stuck and I pray will be around for many years to come.
Us and our boys

Me and Aimee (Last trip home-- August 2011)

0 comments:

Post a Comment