Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #32

A Year of Gratitude #32: My Crock pot

Yesterday, I was looking around on Pinterest and found a recipe for three-ingredient crock pot chicken tacos. The picture looked so good and I decided that I'd try it today.

I went onto Pinterest while Gus was napping and saw that all I had to do was dump chicken (thawed breasts) into the crock pot, along with a jar of salsa (I only had 1/2 a jar so I used a can of Rotell tomatoes to go with it) and a packet of taco seasoning. I read through the comments on the recipe and others said they used cream of mushroom soup and one said they used cream cheese. I decided to try adding a can of cream of chicken soup. 

I put it all together, set it on high and let it work its magic. When Gus woke up, he and I went to Kroger to get lettuce and tomato for our tacos tonight.

My mouth was watering all afternoon, as the smell permeated the house. I only hoped that it would taste as good as it smelled.

Not only was it delicious, but it was so easy. I'm so thankful that I have a crock pot and I'm not afraid to use it!! What an amazing piece of kitchen gadgetry!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment