Tuesday, December 03, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 25

Day 25: A Great Visit with Claire


I feel like I'm always writing about this, but maybe it's all just in my mind (things I mean to blog about, but never get around to doing). We just love Claire and her family. Seriously. God knew what He was doing when he brought our families together.

We were in Michigan for a very short trip (one week from start to finish), and as a result, we didn't have a lot of time to work with for visiting Gus's side of our family. Thankfully, we were able to arrange a visit with Claire and planned to see her on Tuesday, November 26th.

I blogged from my phone while up north, and some of my posts made it to the blog, but several did not. Day 25 and on were not able to load and so I'm having to re-blog them from home.

We usually go to Jungle Java to meet with Gus's side of our family. We enjoy JJ, but were looking for something different this time. I did some research online and found this place that's super close to my parent's called Tiny Town. It was cute and Gus and Hugh had a great time, but it was a little busy and I'm not sure if we'd go back again or not. We'll see... 

Anyway, Gus had a great time playing with Claire. I love watching them together and seeing them create awesome memories. I don't want there to ever be a time in his life when he doesn't remember her, or know that she's his birth mom. It's just as important for her parents, Peggi and Tony, to also always feel like grandparents. I know they don't get to see him as much as they'd like, but when they do see him, I want them to love on him and really enjoy being Grammy and Grampy.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our visit:











We played at Tiny Town from 10:30-12:15 and then we headed to Max & Erma's for lunch. I'm glad that Claire and Peggi joined us for lunch.

Gus ordered grilled cheese but decided that Claire's chicken fingers were more his style, so he was eating off her plate and dipping in her ranch. It was really cute.


After we finished eating, it was time to give our hugs and kisses and say goodbye. Gus was overtired and threw a fit before it was time to go. He refused to cooperate for a picture and even ran out and into the restaurant across the hall (we were in a mall) and Steve had to chase after him and drag him out screaming. 


The joys of the three-year-old.





I'm so thankful that we have a strong relationship with Gus's side of our family. I love that he sees them and is comfortable around them, and that he'll grow up knowing them and knowing where he comes from. Not all adoptive families are in the same kind of situation as we are, and many long for the type of relationship that we have. I'm very thankful and so blessed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment