Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day!!!
I had my first snow day of the year today and I loved it!! There are people out there who will never know the absolute joy that teacher's experience when the phone rings at 5 am and you know that the person calling is doing so to tell you that you can snuggle back into bed and sleep as long as your body will allow because there's no school. I kinda thought it'd be a snow day today because the weather people had been talking about this winter storm that'd be hitting our area last night... I told my class that we'd probably have a snow day and we did a snow day dance to ensure that we'd have a snow day.

Lucky for me, Steve's boss is very nice and Steve told him that if the weather is bad enough for me to have a snow day he'll stay home and work from here. So today, he worked from home and it felt like a Saturday! It was nice to do nothing all day.

I got up around 10:30ish and had a bagel for breakfast and came up here to work on our Christmas letter that we mailed tonight. When it was lunch time, I went downstairs and had left-over Chinese and watched The Notebook. After I cried my eyes out when that was over, I turned the channel and there was Titanic! So I watched that and cried my eyes out some more. It was a chick-flick afternoon for me! I loved it!

We decided at 5:30 to actually shower and change from pajamas into presentable clothing and we went to Kohl's to see what unique gifts they had. Steve wanted to get Greta and Kevin something special for tomorrow (we're going to Cleveland for their annual Christmas party). We got them a martini bar thingy (it's pretty cool) and then we got their baby Benjamin a stuffed Snoopy (my idea). Then we went to the Dollar Tree to get two bags and some tissue paper for the presents. We went to Bakers Square for dinner and had absolutely too much to eat.

Now we're home and checking e-mail and getting ready for bed. I've got a 9 am hair appointment in the morning with Rochelle. I'm getting my highlights touched up and then getting my hair straightened. We're leaving for Cleveland as soon as I get home and then we're staying the night. We'll be back sometime on Sunday.

I only have five days until Winter Break.... I think I can... I think I can.... I think I can!!!

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment