Monday, October 09, 2006

Music: "Travelin' Soldier" by The Dixie Chicks
Mood: Thankful

I haven't posted for a week... and we have had just the busiest of weeks!! On Friday, my 5th graders went on their first field trip of the year to Greenfield Village. It was a ton of fun! I had more than 12 parents go, so there were a lot of really small groups. It was a great day too-- very crisp, cool weather! The village wasn't too busy or crowded and it was really enjoyable.

Friday night Steve and I drove down to New Paris, Ohio and we stayed the night at his dad's house. His dad is in South/North Carolina with SueAnn (his lady friend) so it was just us there. His dad has a new kitten and we had fun playing with her and trying to sleep while she attacked our feet. We got up very early on Saturday and Steve had to go to some recycling place to take some pictures and do a evaluation for Federal-Mogul. His boss even reinbursed him for the travel down and back!!

After the evaluation, we drove to Dayton for the University of Dayton football game. We tailgated from 11 to about 1 and then we headed inside for the game. UD ended up losing... we stayed there until 3:30ish and then we had to leave to go to our hotel. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Springboro, OH. We checked in and Steve was able to get our room upgraded to a suite! It was sweet!! He took a shower and then we got dressed and headed to Sara's wedding in Cincinnati.

I had never had Skyline Chili and we stopped there on the way because I was starving! I wasn't impressed with Skyline. I had the tiny chili-dog and it was okay. The chili has cinnimon in it and I didn't like it. Steve was in 7th heaven eating his chili-cheese dogs and chili-cheese fries. So... I can say I've had the infamous Skyline... and wasn't impressed.

We went to Sara's wedding and it was fun. She looked so nervous!! It was a very sweet ceremony and short and to the point. She looked beautiful and the outdoor ceremony was perfect. The wedding started at 6... right as the sun was setting. It was beautiful.

We stayed there for a few hours... and left around 9:45 to head back to the hotel. We slept in on Sunday and drove to Dayton to see Steve's first house... it was pretty run-down. He was rather surprised at how bad it looked. I guess that's what happens when someone else takes over... you never know how it's going to go.

Tonight Steve and I went to the union meeting at school and then we picketed and walked with about 120 other teachers. Then we went to the board meeting and packed the room. We were very fortunate that the meeting had a closed session called... and we were out of there by 7:30! So we were able to get home at a decent time. There was a proposal made to the board and they were going to be voting on it tonight-- we'll see tomorrow if it passed or not!! Keep your fingers crossed!

I feel so very fortunate for having Steve in my life. He's so supportive of me and does anything he can to show me that he loves and values me in his life. I can honestly say that not everyone is lucky enough to have a person in their life that is so willing to show their love. He's definitely one in a million and I thank God for bringing us together. We talked about all of this while driving to and from Ohio this weekend. We're so lucky...

Until next time...

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment