Monday, June 25, 2007

Song: "I'll Do For You"- Father MC
Mood: Overwhelmed

Have you ever had a moment where you just feel like there's SO much to do and you'll never get it all done? I feel like I need to freeze time and get stuff done, because there's not enough time in the day for me to do all that I need to do.

This is my summer vacation. From my last day of school until the end of this week... this is it. I'm torn because I have a MILLION things that must get done, but then I'm also disappointed because I want to just relax and enjoy my summer as much as I can. I know it's my own fault... I am the one that chose to go the year-round route, but I feel like I am getting the short-end of the stick when it comes to vacation. I'm sure it'll all pay off when I get three weeks of vacation that are much needed, but right now I just can't get a grip on how much I could use having until August to get all this stuff done!

I got another email from my student. She is absolutely the cutest thing ever. She told me about her weekend and how she went to a bowling birthday party and a sleepover. I am so excited to actually get back into the classroom and this little girl is a HUGE reason for that! I sometimes forget how much I absolutely love teaching. I can't think of anything better to do each day, than to spend it with kids.

Speaking of things to do all day... I have to go to an all-day teacher training tomorrow. It's not manditory, but it was suggested that I at least go for a little bit to see what they say. I am so lucky to have some teaching experience behind me. I'd be freaking out if I didn't have experience to help me.

I am nervous about teaching in a new school. I am not nervous about the kids, but I am nervous about the curriculum, the parents, the staff and expectations. I feel like I don't know what to expect. I guess I'll figure it out as I go, but I am a planner by nature, and I like to have a firm grip on things.

Steve said that he'd come in next week and help me set up my classroom. I am excited to have him there to help. When I was there last week I was asked if I had anyone to help and I said no. It was sad to think about doing all the set-up without any help or friends. Last year, Marcia Cannon came in to help me and in years prior, I've had my mom and other friends there to help.

Which leads me to another issue... no friends. I usually make friends easily and I hope once school starts I can make some new friends. Right now I feel sad because I don't know anyone here. I tried to contact the JC of Raleigh and got nothing back from the girl. Then I went online to contact the person from the Alumnae Club of Raleigh and still haven't heard anything. FRUSTRATING!!!!

Well... I have a million classroom books to categorize and put into my computer, so I am going to go. I did find some of my teaching stuff that I'll need for next week, so that's a good thing. I think I am going to try and get my social studies curriculum planned. We'll see... tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday I have trainings. Maybe Friday and this weekend I'll get the rest of these books done and I can get the social studies curriculum mapped out.

Heavy sigh...
Until next time,
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment