Saturday, May 10, 2008

Song: "Fall For You" by Secondhand Serenade
Mood: Motivated

Well... my vacation is officially over. I can't really complain because I had a great three weeks and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything and it was refreshing. I can't say that I am ready to go back either.

There have been some issues at work with different personality types clashing. I had hoped that for the 2008-2009 school year there'd be some changes within my grade level. Basically, people moving to new grade levels and bringing in some new people to balance things out. Well, it's not going to happen. Basically, the same problems that we've had all year are going to continue next year. Katie is leaving (which I am so sad about) and the person coming into her place is a "good friend" of my principal. It's never a good sign when the person coming in is "good friends" with the boss. I think she might be a spy. LOL.

I went into work yesterday at 4:00 to set up my room. It was the first time that I had set foot in the building for three weeks. It was great!!! The longest that I've gone without having to go in for something.

Steve came in to help me and I have to say I am so lucky to have him. I could NOT have set up my room without his help. He's always there to help with the take down and set up. I am very lucky because I never see other husbands there to help their wives.

So my room is set up and I like how I changed it. It's a little different than usual and we'll see how it works. I took some pictures, so be sure to check out the website (tour our room) to see how it looks.

I am praying that I won't have to track out every track out. If the numbers are too high I'll have to move every quarter. I won't have a room to store my things, so I'll have to bring home a BUNCH of books. It'll be really upsetting because my kids really love having so many books to choose from.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the results of the writing test that we took in March. I have six weeks left in this school year and then we start all over again. Not sure how that's going to work... I am so used to having a summer between classes. It'll be so weird to go from my kids that are basically 5th graders to new 4th graders that are still practically 3rd graders.

I'll keep you posted on how it all goes. Until next time...
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment