Sunday, August 09, 2009

Song: "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS
Mood: Tired

This is week three of track out-- which means that a week from tomorrow I go back to work. It's times like this, that I realize that I love being a bum. I feel no desire to go back to work, and yet, I know this last week of vacation is going to go by in a blink. It doesn't help that my entire first week (and up to now) was spent with the flu. It's moved beyond the flu and is now at the bronchitis phase. Not good.

My parents came for a nice visit-- and it was so great to see them. It made me sad that they live so far away. It's my fault for moving, but it still hurts to say goodbye. The good thing is that we're going back up in October for the baptism. It should be cooler up there and we can go to the cider mill (if it's still open).

We went to Carolina Beach for a week last week. We went to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. While it was no Bahamas... it was nice. I don't think we'll go back, simply because CB was very busy and too touristy. There wasn't much to do and the food was not very good and over-priced. I think next summer we're going to maybe go to Bar Harbor, Maine with my parents. We talked about it while they were here, so we'll see. I think it'd be a nice trip.

Scott and Christie haven't had the baby yet-- but Christie's due date is the 15th... which is Friday. I have the 15th as my day (we took bets on when she'd have her) and I have her as weighing 7 pounds and 2 ounces. ;) I am excited to see pictures and to go up and meet her! Steve and I were asked to be her God Parents and we're super excited! I'm a God Mother to my niece Aine, but this will be neat to be the mom and Steve to be the dad. :)

My business is doing really well still. I think in all I've made over $600. Not too bad. Not enough to leave my job as a teacher, but still a nice amount! The biggest order was for $130... and I'm still working on filling it. It takes a lot longer to make the products than I had first expected, but it's fun. :)

We went to another Bulls game tonight- it was SO hot! We ended up leaving early... not only because of the weather, but because Steve goes back to work tomorrow. He's been out for two weeks. One week (when my parents were here) was because he had the flu too. The other week was while we were on vacation. He found out that his boss was fired... I'll just leave it at that, but I'll say I was happy. Steve was surprised, but I was very happy. :)

We got season tickets to the Durham Performing Arts Center. I can't wait to go to our first show! We're going to see Cirque Dreams Illusions, Mama Mia, Wicked, Grease (with Taylor Hicks), Phantom of the Opera, Beauty and the Beast, and Spring Awakening (not sure what it's about).

Okay-- enough from me. Talk to you later!
Until next time...
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment