Saturday, June 02, 2012

A New Toy!!!

My new iPad 3

Yesterday we found out that our much awaited, highly anticipated tax return was deposited into our checking account. HUZZAH!! We were able to get a nice refund through the Adoption Tax Credit (after countless hoops to go through), and as a result, we were quite pleased with our return.

We discussed what we needed to do with our money, mainly pay off some bills, including Steve's Mustang, and put the rest into savings. We still have a house in NC that we're paying on and our funds are dwindling.

However, we had talked before about putting a little bit aside to get ourselves a splurge gift. So last night, we talked about our financial plan and what we're going to do, and we decided to go today and get each of us the iPad 3. We will give Gus Steve's old iPad (he has the original) and put all his apps on there and make it as kid-friendly as possible.

I had wanted to get him the Leap Pad for Christmas (they're $100 and then more with accessories). Now we don't have to do that. I want to get the Fisher Price iPad case for it, so if he drops it, nothing will happen to it, but he'll be all set with his very own iPad.

It's kinda ridiculous that our two year old will have his own iPad... don't think that concept is lost on me. Anyway, I absolutely LOVE it. It's like a giant iPhone and all my apps that I have on my phone, transferred over to my iPad (and are still on my iPhone) and didn't cost anything to have them on two devices.

Today was a very good day and I am a very happy girl.  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment