Saturday, September 08, 2012

Productive Day!

Entertained while running errands

Today felt like a Saturday. 

Steve decided to work from home today so we could get some much-needed things done. We got up and headed to the Alpharetta Police Department so we could get our FBI fingerprints taken. It was super easy and no one was there but us, so the officer asked if we wanted to get Gus's prints taken too. We decided that it couldn't hurt to have them.

Gus had other thoughts about getting printed. He screamed and caused such a ruckus that another officer came in and handed Gus a Junior Officer sticker to try and get him to calm down. It didn't work. Thankfully, the fingerprinting officer was VERY patient and understanding and we were able to get all the prints that we needed for us and Gus. 

Then we drove twenty-five minutes over to Duluth so that we could get our GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) prints taken. When we adopted Gus, we didn't need ANY fingerprints, so it's different to need prints for not only the state but also for the FBI. You'd think the FBI would be sufficient... but no.

So we got our prints taken for the GBI and it's different from the FBI in that, we have to mail the FBI our prints directly and then they will send us the results (showing no criminal record) directly and then we send all of our completed paperwork to our home study agency (Partners in Adoption). The GBI is different because I had to login a few weeks ago to establish ourselves in the system and then I had to pay ahead of time for the printing services.

When we went today, we paid nothing at the Easy Mail place where we did our livescan prints. The GBI registration required a code from our agency and then after our prints were taken, I had to call Melissa at Partners and let her know that we completed the GBI prints. She can then access the system and get our info (because of the code used when we registered). So I talked to her today.

She's getting married next week and going to Europe for her honeymoon. I'm glad I was able to talk to her because we decided to go ahead and do the Accurate Biometrics program where we can get our FBI prints expedited instead of the usual 6-8 weeks, it'll be two days. Since she's going out of town, it's probably best to have everything together so I can put it in the mail.

When she returns from her honeymoon, she'll call us to schedule our home study visit. She said it'll be mid-October. Perfect!!

Steve went today and got our GA 911 Call History and that should be emailed to him next week. We also went to his doctor and got his completed medical form. So now... we just are waiting for the 911 Call History email, the completed FBI background check and then I had to order pictures from Shutterfly so that we can include recent pictures of all of us, a picture of the exterior of the house, and a picture of a bedroom.

I'll be SO HAPPY when we get all the paperwork done and sent in. I think I forgot about how overwhelming it is to get it all collected and organized. Once it's done and sent in... we wait for Partners to come and do our home study and then we've got the green light to adopt a baby!! WHOO HOO!!

I'm exhausted so I'm going to bed.Since today felt like Saturday, I wonder if tomorrow will feel like Sunday... which will make the actual Sunday feel like a bonus day!

2 comments:

TTABaby said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think the fingerprints for me was the hardest part. I felt like a criminal. I do understand why its done but at the same time it made me feel like a criminal. Sounds like your ducks are all in a row!

On a side note- what carseat is that Gus is using? I'm starting to shop around for the next step car seat.

Cat's Litterbox said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@TTABaby

Yeah, being fingerprinted and then the GINORMOUS autobiography explaining who you are and why you deserve to parent is the worst. Any two druggies can make a baby but we have to go through so much to prove our worthiness.

Anyway... I know you get my rant.

Gus is using the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat. We absolutely love it... but it's FF only so make sure you're aware before you buy it (I was not).

Post a Comment