Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas 2005
Ho--ho--ho! Today is Christmas and one of my most favorite days of the entire year. Steve and I got home at like 12:30 this morning from Ohio, I had to wrap some presents for Steve and then fill his stocking and then we went to bed around 1:30 or so.

Ohio was interesting... we got down there on Thursday and went to the hotel to check in and drop off our bags. We headed up to the hospital where I saw Steve's parents for the first time in a year and a half. It was a little uncomfortable at first but it got better as the night progressed. Steve's mom was nice and didn't seem too upset that I was there. Visiting hours ended around 8ish and we headed to Cracker Barrel (my new favorite place to eat) for dinner. We were going to stop over at Steve's dad's but we figured he was tired (as were we) and we just went back to the hotel. The room was cute but the bed was totally awful and the pillows sucked.

We got up early on Friday and headed over to Steve's dad's to help wrap presents for the family gathering that would take place on Christmas Eve. They bought a gift for each of the kids (there are like a ton of little kids in his family) and we wrapped them. Steve and I went to Steak & Shake for lunch and then we were planning on going to the hospital for the day but his mom had dialysis and was sleeping. I went back to the hotel and slept and Steve went back to his dad's and just visited.

We headed to the hospital and stayed for about two hours and then visiting hours were over (and his mom was sleeping) so we left. We went to Meijers and I got Steve all of his stocking stuffers and some last minute presents. We also got cookies for the party and some last minute gifts. We stopped at Taco Bell and had some dinner and brought it back to the hotel and watched 20/20 while we ate.

Saturday (yesterday) was the longest day ever. We got up early and checked out of the hotel and went to his dad's house. We sat there for a bit and then we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch (Steve and I) and then went to the hospital. Before we got there Steve's dad called and said that it'd be a good idea for me to sit in the lounge and not come into the room because his mom wasn't in a good mood and he didn't want to upset her (or me).

It sucked... so I sat in the lounge and read Harry Potter while Steve and his dad went in. They came out shortly because she had fallen alseep. Not too long after that Steve's older brother Montey showed up with his wife and two kids. It was weird... I have only met them once. So... they went in to see his mom and they were in there for a long time, while Steve stayed with me in the lounge. Steve's uncle Stan showed up with his four kids and they were hanging out with me in the lounge and then they left.


We left as well and headed over to Steve's brother's house for the family gathering. I was excited to meet his cousin Rachel but she bailed out and didn't come. Anyway, I met his Aunt Sue and her boyfriend as well as his cousins, but since they're little they didn't seem to care either way as to who I was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment