Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Song: "Nuthin' but a "G" Thang"- Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre
Mood: Exhausted and stressed

Okay so today was the first "official" day back to work. I got up at 6:30 when Steve left for work and I got in the shower and headed off to school. I got to school around 7:30 and was shocked and horrorfied to find out that my key doesn't work in my door. So I went to the office (prayed that it was open) and told Brian (our head custodian) that I couldn't get my key into the keyhole. He said that someone probably jammed a paperclip into the lock. He came down and tried his own key and wouldn't you know it... it went in without a problem. So he tried my key and sure enough-- couldn't get it in the hole. So he ended up having to oil up the hole (AH HAHAHAHA get your head out of the gutter) and eventually it went in.

We headed over to the HS for breakfast (NASTY) and then we went to the auditorium for the stupid welcome back. That took entirely too long-- came back to school and Janice (my principal) gave us an additional 30 minutes before we had to be at the staff meeting. At the staff meeting we all had to introduce ourselves and then we did a show and tell (it was lame but cute) and then we went back to our rooms. "Finally I'll be able to work in my room!" I think to myself at 11:30... only to be asked if I was ready to go and have lunch.

So Diane (my kick-ass student teacher), Kylie, Marci and I went to Sidetracks in Depot Town for lunch (soooo good). We got back to school at 1:00 and then we started to work. However... since Mike, Emily and Kylie (my 5th grade team) had not met with the special education resource room teacher-- we couldn't plan our day (as far as what times to teach each subject). So I had Diane go and laminate and I worked on the reading response journals that I use as well as the journals for my class. Got them done and then Diane came back with the laminating and cut it out.

While I was sitting with her, Charlotte comes in and tells me that she's my parapro!!! I was so excited!! I really hoped I would get her and thank goodness Donna (TC) had my back and told Janice to place her with me!!! So then Donna came in and the four of us (me, Donna, Diane and Charlotte) talked about expectations and all that. Very exciting!

So I look at the clock and it's already 4pm! I found out from Kylie and Emily that they talked to Jessica (resource room) and they got everything worked out--- we had our reading and math times coordinated and I was just about ready to sit down and start actually planning (which I have to do)... and the stupid P.A. system comes on to announce that the alarm is being set at 4:30 and all teachers need to leave the building. AHHHHHHHH!!!!

It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't going up north for the weekend tomorrow. I'm skipping out of the afternoon staff development thing so Steve and I can get on the road by 1:00. SOOOO STRESSED!!!!

So I'm done bitching for now. I'm tired and hungry and I need to relax before going to bed. I've been up for 12+ hours now and I'm soooo tired. I'm used to sleeping 12 hours!!!

Have a great Labor Day weekend! We're going to see Amy and Danny on Friday!!

>^..^<

1 comments:

Shauna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey! I post more than you!!!!! :)

Post a Comment