Monday, November 15, 2010

So it's been a while since I last posted something personal... I've been using this blog mainly for photography. However, I am in the mood to write, so I thought I'd take the time while I actually have a free minute.

My life has changed so much since becoming a mom. Gus has brought so much joy to me that there are days when I think, "Is he really my baby?" I don't think I've completely wrapped my head around it yet and there are times when I feel like I don't know what the heck I'm doing! Someone once said, "Moms are so important because they are the ones who shape who their children become." WOW. That's some powerful stuff! I don't want to do anything that's going to cause harm for Gus and I would lay down my life for him. He's the most important person in my life and I can't imagine my life without him.

I really think he was placed into my life for a reason. He IS the son that I was meant to have. There are times when it's scary to think about the future and I vow to keep telling him about his birth mother and father and that they placed him in our life because they loved him so much. I'm hopeful that in the future Gus will get to know his birth family and will just see them as an extension of himself. I want them to be as important to him as they should be, and I want them to know how thankful we are that they trusted us to become his parents.

My mom and dad are on their way here to visit for the week. I am so excited I can hardly contain my excitement! They haven't seen Gus since September and will be so surprised at how big he is! I've missed them so much. It's funny how growing up, I always took advantage of the time spent together with my family, and now that I'm older, I'd give anything to have time with my brothers and their families and my parents.

I've been really enjoying my camera and feel like I am able to take some really great pictures of Gus that I couldn't do without this camera. I've been posting a lot of the pictures on Gus's blog, but also on Facebook.

Okay... Gus is starting to wake so I should close this for now. I am excited for my parents to get here... only four more hours!!  :)

Until next time...
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment