Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #138

A Year of Gratitude #138: Spare Cat Food

Tuesday night the cats were going CRAZY. They were out of food. 

You can always tell when they're out of food because they become obnoxious and annoying. They won't leave you alone, and try to trip you as you walk. They do whatever is needed to get you to notice them, and they all gang up together and make it FIVE TIMES WORSE than just one annoying cat.

I had wanted to go to the grocery store yesterday after my run, but Michelle was coming over and I wasn't in the mood to deal with lugging Gus into the store after being strapped in the stroller for my run. He hates the transition from the car to another thing and back to the car... so I try to minimize it as much as possible. I had to hit the post office, so that was too much.

The cats would have to wait.

If you've never seen my cats, let me just clue you in on a secret. They're FAT. They can go a day (or two) without food and be just fine. Don't tell them that though... they think they're starving if they can't gorge themselves on the cat feeder.

So, when I had a chance to talk to Steve last night, I asked him if we had extra cat food anywhere (I had been looking all day). Thankfully, we had about 1/4 of a bag left and it was in the office closet. MIRACLE!!!

I was able to fill the feeder and I didn't see the cats again until this morning. I'm so thankful that we had extra cat food and I didn't have to endure ANOTHER night of them driving me crazy. >^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment