Monday, May 14, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #133

A Year of Gratitude #133: Gus's Birthday Party & Friends


This past Saturday we celebrated Gus's 2nd birthday with some friends at Gymboree. I have to devote this gratitude entry to this party because I can't even express how thankful I am to have the friends that we have here in GA.

When we first started to weigh the options and seriously consider moving, I didn't care where we moved, as long as I could do things with Gus and make friends. I'm not a solitary being, and I've always loved having people around me. I love people-watching, going out to dinner to be surrounded by people, and I just love being around a bunch of people. Don't get me wrong, there's a time and a place for it, and there are plenty of times that I quite enjoy alone time and no crowds. But for the most part, I like being around others.

When we decided to see what opportunities were available elsewhere, I was so nervous about relocating to a new place. What if we didn't make friends? We had established some great connections in NC and I was worried that we'd move to GA and be miserable.

I'm so thankful that I joined my MOMS Club and AAM. While I'm not involved in AAM, I met Dina through it and I'm glad to call her a friend. MOMS Club has changed my life. It's changed Gus's life.

We had a birthday party for Gus on Saturday and he had eight friends there. He was so excited to be surrounded by all his buddies and playing together. When it was time for his cupcake cake and singing Happy Birthday to him, he KNEW it was his birthday and was full of joy. It was the sweetest sight.

I'm thankful that Gus and I have made friends here and we were surrounded by people who love us and care about it. It's an incredible feeling. Especially since we have no family here. We are so blessed and I am so grateful and thankful that God has brought these amazing people into our lives.

Here are some pictures from our day:
All the kiddos enjoying some music fun

A train ride (it was a train themed party)

Riding on the caboose

Bubbles!!!

King of the mountain
<3

Playing with Aubree and the silks

Fun with daddy

The little Gussy that could

<3
Gus's cupcake cake

All the kiddos ready to sing to Gus

Ready to make a wish and blow out his candle!

Gus's friend Ryan

Becca loved the cupcakes

Helping everyone wash up after eating cupcakes

The end of the party

Passing out his goodie bags and saying goodbye to his guests


We are so fortunate to have made such great friends here. Our first of three birthday celebrations for Gus was a smashing success!

0 comments:

Post a Comment