Friday, May 11, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #132

A Year of Gratitude #132: Pilar and Christy

I never would have guessed that I'd be able to find the desire and, more importantly, the desire to change my lifestyle. Being overweight, running/jogging/walking was not something I was interested in doing, because it made me tired.

It's always easy to find a reason NOT to do something. Finding the strength and will power to actually do something challenging, that's another story. I'm so so so thankful that a switch was turned on in my head, and my focus, determination, and motivation to turn my life around has continued.

I credit a LARGE part of this to Pilar and Christy. They are so supportive of me, and hold me up when I'm down. They don't have to go walgging with me. They are both more accomplished, can run further, faster, and better than I can, and yet, they stay with me and keep up the positive talk. They help keep me accountable, and don't let me give up when my brain is saying to stop.

The three days a week that I get to spend my morning with them are so much more enjoyable because of them. I thought I could do my Couch25K program here in my neighborhood and do it alone. Pilar was 100% right when she said to be successful, I needed to do it with others. 

I'm so very grateful for Pilar offering to work with me three days a week. I love when Christy can join us and when Leslie joins it's great too. 

Never in a million, bazillion years would I have ever thought I'd be spending my mornings walgging with the ladies. I'm thankful for them in my life and for my continued progress. This week I went from jogging for 30 seconds at a time to 45 seconds at a time. Next week, I think I'm going to attempt the solid minute of jogging. 

I'm thankful for Christy and Pilar and for their support, love, and encouragement.

2 comments:

momofRR said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YOU ARE SO AWESOME CATHY!!!! We love running with you--that is what it is, you know. We may have to walk a little but you are RUNNING!! Sooner or later you will have to stop calling it walgging. You are a runner!!

Cat's Litterbox said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@momofRR You said the words that I needed to hear. Love you!! Thanks for always supporting me!!!

Post a Comment