Wednesday, May 09, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #129

A Year of Gratitude #129: Polite Customer Service

We got Gus a Step 2 kitchen for his birthday. I put it together and put all the stickers on it, and then all Steve had to do was finish screwing in the screws with his electric screwdriver. While I was putting the stickers on the kitchen, I noticed that the cell phone didn't have stickers. I looked everywhere and couldn't find the sheet with the cell phone stickers.

I decided to check the Step 2 website and see if there was a way to get missing/replacement parts. I had to call their customer service number and the first time I called I ended up hanging up because I was on hold for five minutes and then when it started ringing, it put me through to a vacant line. So I called back.

When I called back, someone answered immediately. She was nice and when I told her that we were missing the stickers for the phone, she apologized, got my address and said she'd have them sent immediately. I'm thankful that I didn't have to pay for them or have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get what I needed.

It's amazing how having a positive customer service experience can make you think more highly of a company!

0 comments:

Post a Comment