Monday, November 04, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 3

 Day 3: Steve

I could go on and on about why I love Steve. He is so wonderful, so caring, and such a great dad. 

I read something that said you'll fall in love with your husband all over again when you see him as a father to your children. I never knew how true that statement would be. 

There's just something about seeing Steve interact with Gus and Hugh that makes me swoon. I know men are not maternal (duh), but I love seeing Steve kiss his boys, love on them, wrestle them, and be there to comfort them when they need it.

Gus has always been a snuggly boy. I absolutely love it when he comes up to me with a blanket and says, "Now we snuggle?" No matter what I'm doing or what's in my lap, there's ALWAYS time for snuggles with him. Steve is the same way and I love to see Gus and Steve snuggle in Steve's chair.

As Hugh is getting older (he'll be 11 months in two weeks... how did that happen???), he's beginning to show more and more affection and loves to be held by his daddy. When Steve comes home from work, Hugh's face lights up when he sees daddy walk in the door. 

I'm blessed. 

I am so thankful to have a partner to raise my children with. I'm thankful to have someone in my life that always has my back, and always supports me. I'm thankful to have a husband who works so incredibly hard, so I can stay home to raise our children.






0 comments:

Post a Comment