Wednesday, May 06, 2009


Well, this morning I got up and went to the obgyn. I've been bleeding for more than 21 days (a lot more information than anyone needs to know) and it's been a mix of light-heavy flow. Steve suggested that I go to the doctor because (his words not mine), "Anything that bleeds for more than a week should be dead." LOL


So, I went in and they did a CBC (complete blood count) lab workup and then she did an ultrasound and pap to see if there's something causing the bleeding (wound/tear). Fortunately, there was nothing wrong inside, so she decided to put me on progesterone. It's a hormone that will stimulate my period. Basically, I'll stop bleeding in a day or two of starting this, and then I am on it for ten days. At the end of the ten days, I should have another period and it should re-start my cycle.


I hope it works. She also wrote me a prescription for intercourse. Seriously. It' on the fridge. I think it's hilarious! So now there are no excuses for not having sex... it's a prescribed activity!! :)


I also had a nail appointment today and then Jen (my track mate at work) called to see if I wanted to grab lunch. We went to the Carolina Ale House (my favorite place) and then I just got home. It feels like a Friday...


Until next time...

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment