Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 100



I can't believe I have blogged for 100 days straight!!! What an awesome thing for me! I never would have guessed that I could actually enjoy blogging daily and I thought for sure it'd get old and boring, but I've only had a few times where I've felt like I'm saying the same thing day after day. I know that I'll look back on the posts and be thankful that I've stayed with it.

I got to sleep in again today and it was wonderful. I came downstairs and made eggs, bacon, and toast for us for breakfast. I haven't made a "big" breakfast like that in quite some time and I forgot how the smell of bacon permeates the entire house for the whole day. It's a good thing that I'm married to a man that LOVES the smell (and taste) of bacon!!

We watched more movies today, including The Social Network. It was interesting. I know it wasn't based on fact, and Marc Z was never even talked to by the director- so he never got to okay the movie or how he was portrayed. I think there was some fact to it, but a lot was fiction and just for entertainment. It was good though and I'm glad I watched it. We also watched SNL from last night (not very funny). Steve watched Sunday Morning and Gus was completely inamaored with the little sun logo. He kept trying to touch it... it was really funny!



Gus took a three and a half hour nap today. I think it's awesome that he's merging his naps and is getting a really good nap. If he was only getting one nap and it was a really short one, I wouldn't be happy, but he's getting a good chunk of time to sleep, and that's important. I think he's in a growth spurt because he's been eating a lot lately too. :)

We got the birth/addoption announcements yesterday and I started to fill out envelopes today. Steve gave me his list and he had like 30+ on it... and I only ordered 40, so I had to go back online and order 40 more. So now we've got 80 to send out. I think everyone and their brother is going to get one, but that's okay with us. We're so proud and excited to share the news that Gus will be "officially" ours on the 15th! I wanted to mail them out tomorrow, but Steve wants to wait until the 15th when everything is final. He doesn't want to jinx anything. I can't say that I blame him.

As for our trip, none of our court documents have arrived yet (I'm a little worried). I just know that we're supposed to fill out forms BEFORE we go, and we don't have those forms. I think it'll be a total of $120 for court fees and for the birth certificate. I'm excited to get Gus a SSN once we have the birth certificate. He already has a tax id number. :)

Here are some pictures of Gus from today:




I can't believe that Gus will be 11 months old tomorrow. I'll take pictures (of course) and post them. I'll be blogging on his blog as well with some monthly updates. One AWESOME thing that Gus did tonight was he pointed to my nose when I asked him where my nose was. I asked him where his nose was and he pointed to his nose. Then to make sure that it wasn't just a fluke thing, when Steve had him, I asked him where Steve's nose was, and he pointed to it!! YAHOO!!!  :D

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment