Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 144


This morning we fell into our usual routine of breakfast and then watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's the little things that make a difference and I think Gus enjoys having a stable routine each day. There will be times when it's not possible to keep that routine, but I do the best that I can to ensure that he knows what to expect each day and as a result, he's very happy. :D





When Gus gets REALLY tired he zones out... the above picture is him in the zone. It's how we know he's really ready for a nap/bed.  :)  And it's really cute.

Gus went to sleep right away again today and slept for more than two hours. The other part of our daily routine is going downstairs after his nap and having lunch. Gus was not really hungry this afternoon and decided to play and throw his food so I removed him from the table. I know it was the right thing to do because he went about his business and played and didn't stand there crying. He was really not hungry anymore and playing and throwing wasn't "exploring" his food... it was a sign to me that he was done and needed to entertain himself. Sometimes it's tricky and I can't tell if he's really done, exploring, or what. 

After I finished eating, we went outside to play in the pool. It was another hot one (95) and the water was super warm. I only wish the pool was an inground pool... the next house we get will have a nice big pool that I will live in. Truth be told, I am a fish and LOVE to swim. However... I do not love wearing a bathing suit in front of others... so my happiness won't arrive until I have a privacy fence around my gigantic pool. :)  For now, I'll stick my feet into Gus's baby pool and let him splash me to keep cool. I did get some sun, and it felt amazing.

I invited Wendy and the girls to come over and they did... it was so great to catch up with her (I feel like I haven't seen/talked to her in forever). Gus also really liked having the girls to play with.













There was a HUGE bee on the deck so we went inside. It was almost COLD when we went in, but it felt good once my body acclimated to the temp. Wendy stayed for a little bit longer and then they left and I "attempted" to put Gus down for an afternoon nap. 

He's totally fighting me on it. I think/know he NEEDS the nap but he won't go down. It's been three days of fighting him to take the afternoon nap. Grrr... I guess I'll just be happy that his morning nap is at least two hours each day. He gets 11-12 hours per night, so add the two-hour nap and I guess he's getting exactly what he needs each day (12-14 hours total).

Anyway... I made chicken stir-fry for dinner and I was surprised that Gus LOVED it. He ate almost all of his dinner.

Tomorrow we're going grocery shopping and then I think we'll spend some time at our baby pool again. He really likes it and it's in the 90s this week so it's the perfect time to go out and enjoy it! I do need to empty the water and refill it in the morning. The water gets gross with all his sunscreen coming off while he's in there.

Tonight was the American Idol final show... I actually texted a vote for Lauren. I hope she wins... we'll find out tomorrow night. I'm not tutoring Gulbike tomorrow, but maybe tutoring her on Thursday. We'll see. 

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment