Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 142


This weekend went by so quickly! Tonight at dinner Steve asked me, "Where did the day go?" I didn't have an answer for him... it just flew by and we didn't even do anything this weekend!

I was able to sleep in until 9:30 and it was wonderful. Steve had already fed Gus breakfast when I came downstairs, so I got to have mine and not worry about feeding Gus at the same time. :)


This morning Gus played with a large variety of toys while Steve and I watched CBS Sunday Morning as well as SNL from last night. I absolutely love Justin Timberlake and he was their host... he's hilarious and I'm always laughing when he's on. I love when he dresses up as some sort of object (last night it was a beer bottle) and sells something. He did "Liquorville" last night and Lady Gaga was a wine bottle. It was funny. I also LOVE when he and Andy Sandburg do their Digital Short and the one last night was called, "It's Not Gay in a Three-Way..." too funny. My all-time favorite is the "Talking It Out" talk show with JT and Jimmy Fallon as the Gibb brothers (from the BeeGees) and it always makes me laugh a lot. :)


Gus had a lot of fun playing with Purry, Elphie, and Ned. He loves his animals!






While we were watching tv, I looked at Gus and his butt-crack was totally hanging out and it reminded me of a plumber.
Before we took Gus upstairs for his morning nap, he was playing with his frog that Grandpa Walker made him. He's so smart... he was pulling it all around the livingroom!




Gotta stop and check it out


Not sure what he was doing here... LOL

Gus went to sleep right away and napped for over two hours. While he was sleeping, I found a program that let me turn my handwriting into a font! It's the coolest thing ever and it's awesome to see my handwriting as a font. :)

Gus got up after 2:00 and we had lunch. Then I decided to take him outside to play at his water table. Steve cleaned it out for us since the cats have been in it and there was gross stuff in the bottom. When we had fresh water, we went out to play. Gus had a blast!












Gus got a little bit wet, but not too much. It was in the 90s today, so I'm sure it felt good to him. Steve inflated our baby pool and tomorrow I'm going to take Gus outside to swim in it. I'll probably get in there with him and maybe get some sun!
We came inside after playing at the water table and Gus was getting tired. He was quite feisty and had his hands down his diaper... LOL
We "attempted" to put Gus down for an afternoon nap around 4:45... but he was in there carrying on for quite some time, and we figured that he had had enough of the crib and wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. When I walked in, I instantly noticed his diaper on the floor and then he was buck naked. I called Steve in to see, and we noticed that there were two decent-sized spots on the carpet... probably where he aimed and peed. Steve said, "Well at least he peed on the carpet and not in his crib" just as he looked down to see the sheets soaked. 

I took Gus (naked) downstairs since we didn't have any diapers up here. I put him down to get a diaper and he was loving the nudie time.

I got him diapered and then Steve came down with his bedding to be washed. Fortunately it wasn't too late that we couldn't get everything washed and dried before bed. I started peeling potatoes and got some water on the stove to boil (I made mashed potatoes). It was rather quiet, so I went to see where Gus was... and this is what I found:

In the laundry room totally amazed by the washing machine. :)  He loves to see how things work. Maybe we've got a future engineer on our hands!

We had dinner and Gus did pretty well with eating everything on his plate. He loves carrots and ate all of them, and then had most of his mashed potatoes and about 1/2 of the chicken that we gave him. He's been trying to stand up and get out of his highchair... so he was more focused on that than on eating. Add to all of that the fact that he missed his nap, and we had a very cranky boy.

After we put him down for bed, Steve said, "I think the first year was the easiest..." and I agree. It only gets more challenging. I think back to how it was this time last year and while it was stressful and I was sleep-deprived, Gus was easy. He cried when he was hungry or needed to be changed. He didn't sleep much, but that was my only real complaint for a long time.

Now that he's one... (and it's still CRAZY to think that he's one already) he's a whole different type of busy. He's into everything, wants to touch everything, taste everything, and still doesn't have any teeth, so we're not sure if it's teething or just being cranky. He is starting to test the limits, and thankfully Steve and I are both very firm about things. We know that consistency is the key and we're both really good about being consistent. Gus knows what "no" means and while he doesn't always listen, he doesn't like being told no, and gets upset when he's reprimanded. I guess that's a good thing-- I'd hate for him to not care about boundaries.

Anyway... this week should be a fun week. We're going to have warm temperatures and I look forward to playing outside in the pool with Gus. Not sure if we'll head to our community pool yet (I can't find our pool card) and Gus is too tiny still. His baby pool will do for now. Then on Friday my cousin Jessica is coming to NC to see some friends and will be staying the night with us Friday and then heading off to visit them Saturday through Monday. I can't wait to see her!!

I can't believe that Memorial Day is next Monday. That means that June is just around the corner and summer will officially be here!!
>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am sensing a theme with Gus and his love of streaking! He is getting to be too funny! Is he able to pull off every brand of diaper on his own? Yikers!

He is too sweet with that little pull toy frog. His grandpa really gave him a great gift there! Love that!

I hope you all have fun splashing around in the kiddie pool! With as much as he loves that water table he should take like a fish to the pool!

Post a Comment