Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 145


What.
A.
Day.

Gus woke up SCREAMING at 7am and wouldn't stop. I brought him downstairs and changed him... put him in his high chair for breakfast and he cried through breakfast. He finally stopped crying after about 45 minutes... I just keep thinking that he's GOT TO BE TEETHING and getting ready to cut some teeth!!!

I wasn't going to go to the park playdate today, but Wendy texted me and said she was going and suggested that taking Gus would be good for him (a change of scenery) and for me. So we met her there and there were about 10 other moms with their kids. It was nice... but very HOT.


Gus slept on the way over (20 minutes or so) and then again on the way home (25 minutes). We played for a little bit and then I took him upstairs for a real nap. He cried for a little bit, I went in and held him and he played with some toys and we read a few books, but he kept rubbing his eyes and I could tell that he was really tired. Finally, I just put him in the crib and walked out. He was crying and carrying on, but after maybe two minutes he fell asleep. He napped for over two and a half hours.  :)

When he woke up, it was time for lunch. He had a fruit strip, and then a banana and some milk, and that's all he wanted. He did have a lot of water and some goldfish and carrot wagon wheels while at the park, but he didn't want more than the banana.

He is a rock-star. The other day we started practicing with using a fork and today, while eating his banana, we tried it again and this time he did it all by himself!!! I can't even begin to say how awesome and amazing it was to watch my little baby do something so HUGE!!! Of course I took a ton of pictures and a video!

Isn't he amazing?!?!?!?! I looked for information about when most toddlers are able to self-feed independently and it said most don't have an interest in self-feeding with utinsils until 15-18 months and most don't fully have the coordination to self-feed until they're two. Obviously he just started this and hasn't mastered it, but I'm so excited that he was able to watch me do it and then do it himself!!!





After lunch, I put Gus in his swim diaper, lathered him up in sunscreen and headed outside to swim. He's like a little fish!!! He jumped right into the pool! I told Steve that if he takes Gus outside on the deck, he's got to make sure he's in swim clothes because he just jumps right in. It was another HOT day here in NC (over 90) but we didn't swim until after 2:00 and the sun was not beating down on the deck, so it was nice and shaded for us. It was still warm, but with the shade, it was beautiful- and I changed/refilled his water (and water table) so the water had all day to warm up and it felt like bath water!!

Trying to balance on one foot!!!










I don't know how long we were outside before we decided to head in. I do know what sparked the need to go in... it wasn't a bee this time. It was a poopy diaper... and being in his swim diaper it was SMELLY and NASTY!!!

After Gus was changed out of his wet swimmy, he played in the livingroom and had some Goldfish for a snack, along with some ice water. I'm so glad that he loves to drink water as much as he likes to swim in it!! :)

While he was playing, he started being REALLY silly and using his green froggy blanket from his Grandma & Grandpa Walker as a toy. Here are some funny pictures of him being a ham-bone with his blanket:








Steve got home and brought us some Dixie Bell's BBQ for dinner. Gus had some chicken and cinnamon apples and then I had a BBQ chicken sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, and Steve had a BBQ brisket sandwich with mac-n-cheese.

After dinner, Gus played a little more and we watched Deadliest Catch and Sister Wives.

Not sure what he was doing here... but Steve was in his chair and it made me laugh!

Looking for Steve when he was outside with the dogs


We put Gus to bed around 8 and then headed up to watch the finale of American Idol. Steve went to bed at 9 and I moved into the guest room to finish watching. I wish they'd just announce the winner instead of all the other junk in-between. Unfortunately, Lauren did not win... Scotty did and of course, everyone here in NC is making the world's largest deal about it. I just don't get it. He's just not the kind of singer that I'd buy his album and I don't see him making it big. Maybe it's a good thing that Lauren didn't win... she won't owe anything to Idol.

Anyway... I'm going to bed. Tomorrow's going to come too early (it's almost midnight).
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment