Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #122

A Year of Gratitude #122: Jessica

I just adore my cousin Jessica. I've written about her before, but she really is such a wonderful friend. 

I'm thankful that she was able to take time out of her day to chat with me... had I known she was still at work, I probably wouldn't have been such a chatter box... but I didn't know. I'm thankful for the words of wisdom she gave me this afternoon, as well as sharing some insights on running. 

There's nothing better than talking to someone and having them tell you about their thoughts and feelings and you have the EXACT SAME thoughts about the subject. Jessica told me about when she first started running/jogging and it was like she was in my head sharing her thoughts about the pain and agony while running. Shins burning and calves on fire... she said she ALWAYS gets that for the first five minutes of her running/jogging and then it goes away. So good to know.

I'm thankful that I've been able to inspire her to start walking/jogging/running again. She did it for eight months and had to stop... and has now been inspired to start again... all because of me. It made me feel so good. I'm not alone in this... not by a long stretch and it feels AMAZING to know that I have so many people who are cheering for me and believe in me.

The power of positive thoughts is incredible.

I usually HATE (and I seriously hate) talking on the phone. I have a few people in my life that I really make exceptions for when it comes to phone calls. I enjoyed my time on the phone with Jes today and look forward to seeing her in a few short weeks.

:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment