Friday, July 13, 2012

Recap of our Day

It's the little things that make my day. 

This morning, Gus and I headed to Wal-Mart for groceries. I usually shop at Kroger because it's so much closer, but sometimes there are things that we need and we can't get them at Kroger. I always pack snacks and a drink for Gus, and I try to go before lunch and nap-time. Sometimes I'm not so good, and it's a royal disaster, but today we left the house at 10am.

While we were shopping, I gave Gus my cell phone so he could play with some games. Among his favorites are the train videos and then anything with Elmo. He has one that's called "Elmo Calls" and he laughs and laughs, and then there's "Elmo's Monster Maker." He likes this one because you create different monsters and can put them in a variety of settings. One of the cool options for this app is taking a picture of your monster. Gus recently discovered this feature.

Every night I take all the pictures off my phone and put them on my computer. It's a habit that started a long time ago, and it helps to make sure I never lose my phone pictures. Tonight when I took my pictures off, I was surprised with quite a few different monster pictures. They made me smile because Gus made them. It's like a sweet little surprise each time I see one because it's not expected at all. Here are some of the pics that he created and saved:

After Wal-Mart we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for Cow Appreciation Day and grabbed lunch. Gus was rubbing his eyes around 12:45 and so around 1pm, I asked him if he was ready for a nap and he ran to the stairs. We went up and he pretty much went right to bed.

While he was sleeping I got a call from The Adoption Authority (a small agency here in GA). I talked to one of their adoption coordinators and she was able to answer all my questions that I had for her. I REALLY like this agency. They're a Christian agency, but don't require you to do an info session, a weekend retreat, no adoption classes, and no statement of faith or religious references. There are no hoops to jump through and everything is pretty cut and dry. I really like their no-nonsense approach. 

The person that I talked to is named Melissa and she was so sweet. I told her that we're not quite ready to start the process yet, but when we are, I'll let her know. She was very understanding and just really easy to talk to on the phone. I liked everything she told me, and I really hope we can work with them in the future. We need to get some finances secured and start making some strides in our savings first. It'll be nice to have our heads above water and not feel like we're drowning.

For everyone who said some prayers for us to get our house sold-- THANK YOU. It means more than I can even express.

So I talked to Melissa around 4:00 and told her that Gus went down for a nap at 1:00 and he could be waking at any moment, and when he did, I'd have to go. Well... we talked for about 40 minutes and Gus was still sleeping. 

I thought he was awake around 5:00 and had been talking to Michelle... so I went up to check on him and this is what I saw:

He was sound asleep. Guess what time it was when he FINALLY woke up??? 6:00!!! He took a FIVE HOUR NAP!

We think he's going through another growth spurt-- he's been eating everything in sight too. Then he went to bed tonight at 8:45 and crashed!!

I'm hoping to be able to get to Home Depot tomorrow and get some paint so I can paint Gus's sensory table that my dad built for him. It's SO AWESOME! I can't wait for Gus to start using it!!

I'm done blogging... so I'm going to end here. I wanted to include some pictures of Gus and Hobo from this morning... they're so cute.


Post a Comment