Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Mustache Bash



Last Saturday (January 19th), I attended the "Mustache Bash." This was an amazing, incredible party that was thrown for me in celebration of Hugh. In other words, this was my very first baby shower!!

When we started the adoption process with Gus, I was teaching. Several of my team mates (taught fourth grade with me) wanted to throw me a baby shower at work. Because we had not been matched yet, we decided to wait until after there was a baby. Well... we all know how that turned out. Being stuck in MI for two months and missing the end of the school year, meant no baby shower. And when we did return, I chose not to return to the classroom.

I will say, my fourth graders and their parents threw us a nice baby shower at the park. It was a children's book party and all the gifts that we got were board books for Gus. It was so awesome because I love books and didn't have any baby books. We got a few outfits and some toys, but the majority of the items were various children's books. We had cupcakes and everyone got to meet Gus and I got to have some closure with that group of kids (I never got to say goodbye to them).

When we were in MI with Gus for two months, we could have had a baby shower, but for whatever reason, we never did. So my whole life, I've never had a baby shower with girlfriends and I've always been envious of friends who could get pregnant and enjoy that rite of passage.

Fast-forward to present day and I am overwhelmed with joy. I have some of the greatest friends ever and they decided to throw me a baby shower.

It was a mustache themed party and it was fabulous. I can't even put to words how incredibly awesome it really was. The decorations were so cute, and the food was awesome-- all my favorites. It's like they knew me or something.  ;-)

I didn't take any pictures (shocking) but my friend Kathryn did and I wanted to share her pictures with all of you. 

They only had one game (match the stache) which was fun and I won (hahaha). I loved how laid-back it was, and yet it was so enjoyable and relaxing. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if my mom and Sue Ann could have been there. They were there in thought though.

Here are some pictures:
Mustache chip clips as a party favor



A welcome banner and the gifts



Awesome Publix cupcakes

Kirsten made the most delicious bowtie (for the mustache theme) pasta salad with chicken, apples, and grapes

Mustache water to "wet your whiskers"

The cupcakes


Kathryn made baby boy punch (made with real babies)- and the ducks had mustaches on them!

Can't enjoy punch without straws!


\
The Big Cheese (ball) that Lesley made (with Tastefully Simple cheese ball mix-- my fav)

 
Not pictured are the "man-wiches" which were croissant sandwiches of ham, turkey, and roast beef with cheese, lettuce, and tomato (sooooooo good), and strawberries and dip! All the food was delicious!

Here are some pictures of everyone getting food:




They also had a prop station with ties and mustaches and it was a great place to take pictures!! So much fun!

From L-R  (Lesley, Kristina, Me, Kathryn, Megan and Rachel)


Lesley and Meaghan

My BFF Lesley



Kristina, me, Kathryn, and Megan

Strike a pose!


Megan (the bash was at her house) and Rachel (due in April!!)


After enjoying the props and having some food, we decided to play the Match the Stache game.
Meaghan (middle) working really hard to name the 16 famous people!


What can I say? I'm a rock star!

After we played the game (that really was fun), we headed to the living room and the ladies ate cupcakes while I opened presents!
I got some really nice board books that shockingly enough, I didn't already own!

Hugh's Godmother (Lesley) got him a mustache pacifier  :-)


Kirsten is so smart-- she got us clothes that are 12-18 months... for next December!

The ladies watching me open gifts

A super cozy blanket

A froggy Valentine's Day shirt!

Kathryn made this tie onesie

Seeing double?? Two blankets (and a duplicate)

Sue Ann sent this 12 month frame (YAY)!! So sweet!

She also sent this frame for a picture of Hugh and Gus

Little Brother onesie from Kathryn

Woot! Woot! Gift card for Babies R Us from Rachel!


 It was such a wonderful day and I really felt so loved. It means so much to have people in my life to care so much about me and my family. I couldn't ask for a better group of friends and I feel so blessed to have them in my life! Everyone should be so lucky to have friends like mine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment