Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Month of Gratitude: Day 19

Day 19: Our Zoo Membership




My first time at Zoo Atlanta was November of 2011. We had come down for a house-hunting trip and while here, some moms in Atlanta Area Mommies planned a meet-up at the zoo for us to attend. I loved how small the zoo was, but at the same time, there are all the favorite animals.

Our first Christmas here, we received a family membership as gift from Steve's dad and Sue Ann. It was so wonderful and we went several times that year. Then last year, they renewed our membership for us and we've been able to go several times this year too.

The membership is really the gift that keeps on giving. It saves so much money and we get a lot of use out of it. It's $25 per adult to get in once and then $18 per child. It's not cheap by any means, and by having the membership, it's for two adults, so when Steve can go, we both get in. When Steve isn't able to go, I can get one of my friends in for free, which is a nice way to always have someone want to go to the zoo with me. :-)

I had wanted to go to the Boo at the Zoo, but it was rainy this year and a bit frigid. We had not been since this summer, and I've been itching to go back. I looked at the weather and saw that there was going to be a nice day ahead... so I planned to go on Monday (yesterday).

I asked some MOMS Club friends if anyone wanted to go and to my delight, there were several moms that were interested in going. We met in the Publix parking lot and then the four of us caravaned downtown to Zoo Atlanta.

What a GORGEOUS day. 

We don't get too many sunny and upper 60s/low 70s days in November, and I was so excited for a nice day to spend at the zoo. There were no field trips (mainly because you never know what the temps will be like mid-November), and the zoo was pretty empty. The sky was a gorgeous blue and the animals were VERY active.

I was shocked at how active and vocal they were. Gus loved spending time with a new friend (Gage-- he's 5) and then there were two more boys that were the same age (between 2 and 2.5) and then Hugh and his buddy from his baby playgroup, Grey (8 months). It was so fun and the boys all enjoyed themselves.










The male lion was VERY vocal!!






The tiger was VERY close!!



We stopped for lunch and had no line to wait in (so awesome). We sat outside and enjoyed the sun and didn't have to fight to find a table. It was perfect!!

We all took pictures with our kids because we never get pictures of us with the kiddos, it's always us taking the pics. I like this picture of me and the boys... :-)

On the way out we stopped at the gift shop and I got Gus a train and Hugh got a stuffed baby rhino. He snuggled it all the way home and has been sleeping with it each night. Gus loves his train (of course) and both were so exhausted from the day outside that they took amazing naps when we got home (which was great because Steve had a work dinner and I was on my own for the evening).

I'm so grateful for a zoo that's wonderful to visit and I'm even more thankful for the gift of our zoo membership from my inlaws.

0 comments:

Post a Comment