Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 235


August 23rd, 2010

August 23rd, 2011

What a day. Gus slept from about 7:30 last night until 8:15 this morning. We got up, headed downstairs and had breakfast and then I put Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on while I folded laundry.

We played for the rest of the morning and then I put Gus down for his nap...



Gus slept until 12:15 or so... not a long nap at all. I was able to start my Grammar and Punctuation module (not fun) and I'm about 1/2 way through it. I should be able to finish tonight or tomorrow during nap.

We came downstairs and had lunch and then by 2:00 Gus was getting fussy again so we came back up to try for another nap. He finally fell asleep and I got into the shower. Well, apparently while I was in the shower, there was an earthquake!! It was in Virginia, and felt all through the east coast. CRAZINESS!! I didn't feel anything... and Gus slept through it, so I can't say I've been in one, but it's pretty interesting.

When Gus was up, we played for a bit and then head to meet Steve and Jen at Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. It was a delicious meal... but so very sad to say goodbye to Jen. She's such a wonderful friend (I'm going to devote a blog post to her in the future). It's never easy to say goodbye, but I have to keep telling myself that we will see her again.


For a going away gift, I made Jen a photobook of pictures of us together, her and Gus, and then her and Matt and then pictures of me and Steve. I wrote her all kinds of messages about how much I love her and how I'm so glad to have her in my life. It took me a few days to make it, but I knew she'd love it. She did. :)

We got home and put Gus to bed and now I'm about to go and do Gus's blog for the week and then do some school-work for the remainder of the night.

Tomorrow morning we're going to Marbles for the morning. I've never been and I'm excited to see what it's like and I hope Gus has fun!! The Triangle Mommies K15 group is going, so there should be several other kids for him to play with!! I'll take a bunch of pictures for sure!!

Nite!

0 comments:

Post a Comment