Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 237


August 25th, 2010 (Diapering job by Steve)

August 25th, 2011

Well... Gus slept until a little after 8:00, which was nice. However, he woke up and was in a TERRIBLE mood! He usually is delightful in the morning, but today, he was crying and miserable. I was able to check his mouth, and sure enough, he's got two more teeth that are almost through on the top. Poor little guy. 

I got a text from Kristen that said that she and Grace were not going to be able to meet us for mass. Gus and I still went, but it was awful. Not only was the sound still NOT connected in the cry-room (grrrr), but Gus was actually crying and actually had a fit while in the room (he threw down his water!). I had to crack the door to be able to hear, and I'm afraid his noise carried out into the church.

I did send an email asking for the microphone to be hooked up, and today Father was louder, but it wasn't connected into the cry room. I think someone needs to go in there and try it out so they can see what it's like to be in there without being able to hear anything.

After mass, we headed to Wal-Mart to get some groceries for our trip. I got some snack stuff as well as some things for us. I also got some milk that doesn't expire until September 10th, so we'll have milk when we return and not have to remember on the way home to get milk. :)  Now we just need to maintain power through the hurricane and we'll be golden.

I was able to get Gus packed this afternoon while he napped, and I got myself pretty much packed. I started my Anatomy module and got three units finished. It's a BIG module... like almost 300 pages! Fortunately, I've got 12+ hours in the car tomorrow that I'll be able to devote to some of it.

I made lunch for us and let Gus try to feed himself. I don't know why I picked yogurt for this particular meal, but he did a great job feeding himself with minimal assistance!!


Tonight, Gulbike and her mom came over and I did a quick tutoring session (it was 45 minutes instead of an hour) and then they took Ned and Elphie home with them. It's so nice to know that the dogs will be taken care of and will be loved on while we're gone! They're most definitely in good hands, and we're so thankful that we found someone willing to watch them for us free of charge!! It's saving us around $400!!

Now we're all ready for bed and ready to get a good night's rest for our trek in the morning!!
See you tomorrow (hopefully) or Saturday for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment