Monday, March 05, 2012

What's New??

"What's New With You?""

I feel like I've been posting nothing but gratitude posts. I've had to rethink the decision to do a post on what I'm grateful for... sometimes it's just really hard to think of something new to be grateful for. That sounds really bad doesn't it?  :-(

We had our MOMS Club playdate here at our house this morning and it was so wonderful. All the moms came and it was a flurry of activity in the basement! The kids all had fun on Gus's roller coaster and loved the activity center and slide. I'm so glad that we have a basement (hold that thought... that's tomorrow's gratitude)!

Here are some pictures from this morning:
Riggs (one of Gus's friends)

Fun on the activity center and slide

Gus and Riggs

King Gustafer

Aubree and little Ryan

Logan and Gus

Gus with Logan's shoes

Riggs

This past Friday we had a tornado come through the area... it touched down in Marietta and then the path brought it right through Johns Creek. Thankfully we were safe, but we did have to take cover. We had to get Gus up and bring him downstairs and he was a bit confused, but happy to be with us. Thankfully he went back to bed without a problem.
Gus and Daddy watching the news in the guest bedroom

This was from my phone

Seeing Johns Creek on the news was scary!

A little scared but okay

He felt safe and that's all that mattered!

This weekend I went and got my nails done and decided to also get a pedicure. It's been getting warmer and I've been wearing flip-flops more, but without a pedicure, I've been embarrassed to show my feet. Now they're cute and I loved the foot massage that I got.  :-)

We went to dinner Saturday night (Outback) with the gift card that Michelle and Josh gave me for taking pictures of June. We had an excellent experience and Gus was so well behaved. He ate a TON of food and was happy to be out with us. We even received a compliment from an older lady sitting near us... she said he was such a well-behaved little boy and she was surprised to see someone so young behaving so well.

I love getting compliments on Gus. When we go to Wal-Mart (usually Monday or Tuesday), I often get compliments on his behavior and on how well he sits in the cart and doesn't cause a fuss. It's not always the case... sometimes he's a beast, but usually he's pretty good and I'm proud of him.

Yesterday I framed the dinosaur picture that I made for Gus's dinosaur room. I'm starting to get it planned and hopefully it'll be ready for him to move into on his 2nd birthday. We'll see. If he's not ready to be out of the crib, he'll stay in the nursery for as long as it takes.
I think it's so cute!
I also made my goal list... I saw this on Pinterest and was inspired to make one just like it. I added color to mine... but I think it's great!

Hopefully I'll be able to blog more about day-to-day things and not get so far behind on the gratitude posts!!!

See you later!!
:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment