Monday, March 26, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #84

A Year of Gratitude #84: A Strong Partner

This weekend was a crazy one. Gus was sick, had a double ear infection, teething, a cold, and a sinus infection. Could I have handled it all on my own? I'm sure I could have, but  am oh so thankful, and grateful to have my husband there to help.

It started with screaming Thursday at like midnight. Gus cried and cried and nothing soothed him. We were both up with him several times Thursday night, and Steve got up and went to work Friday feeling exhausted and just wanting sleep.

I took Gus to the doctor and learned of the cause of his pain. We started the Amoxicillin Friday, and while we had hoped he would start to show signs of feeling better, he was not sleeping and Friday night was another horrible night.

More screaming, pulling on his ear, and just miserable. Saturday we took turns napping because we were both exhausted from being up with Gus numerous times Friday night.

The weekend got better... and Gus started to feel better late Saturday night. I am thankful that I have a strong partner to stand with me as we handle situations like double ear infections. Parenting isn't always fun, or pretty, but the hard times are few and far between. When we do encounter the challenging times, it's nice to have someone there by your side to help with the challenge.

My husband is the best.

1 comments:

TTABaby said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was telling my husband last night that I'm so glad I'm not a teen mom and or single mom. I don't think I could make this journey w out him.

Post a Comment