Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just an update

I feel like now that I'm not doing my gratitude posts (I got too far behind on vacation and then my computer was out of whack for a few weekends, it left me too far back to try and catch up), I haven't been blogging as much. In some ways it's nice to not "have" to blog, but then I feel like things happen and I don't write about them.

Today I was driving to the post office and I saw a mobile groomer's van. I quickly made a memo for myself to check into it when I got home and I'm so glad I saw that truck. I called this afternoon and they're coming on Friday to groom Ned. It's LONG overdue. It's been like eight months since he was last groomed and we have clumps of white hair all over the house (it's gross). I know he's hot with his winter coat and he needs a bath (he's quite scratchy). They'll be coming to us on Friday at 2pm. It'll be awesome. The best thing is that they do not require a complete vet record in order to see him. He's in need of a vet visit but we're in the process of finding the right vet, and honestly, we don't have the money right now to throw away on a vet visit.

Ned NEEDS to be groomed. So it's nice that it's working out where not only will they see him without having a record check, but they'll come to us-- BONUS!! The price is the same as it was in NC at PetSmart, and I like that he won't be sitting in a crate for who knows how long, waiting to be groomed. They have him and only him to worry about. It's perfect.

In other news... my dad has said that he's pretty sure he'll come down to Charlotte in October for The Color Run. My cousin Jessica is coming down from MI and might bring her daughter B with her to run. My cousin Mary (Jessica's sister) is driving over from Washington D.C. and she's going to run it with us too. I'm so excited!!! To make it even better, Steve said that he might start training so he can do it too. He and I have shared the view of not running, but he said he might do it and he and I can take turns pushing Gus in the jogging stroller. :-)

My parents are coming to visit in just over a week! They'll either be coming Friday, Saturday or Monday. It just depends on my dad's work and an obligation that he has on Sunday and if he can get out of it or not. If he can, they'll be here Friday or Saturday and if he can't, they'll be here Monday. Either way, I'm so excited to see them and have them here for a week!!

I was elected President of my MOMS Club chapter. :-)  I start on July 1st and I'm excited. I love the moms in my chapter and I have gotten really involved. I am looking forward to what this year will bring and I pray that it's a good year for me (and Gus). Being the leader of a group isn't always the easiest thing, but I pray that there's a reason I was put into this role and I have a bunch of people who believe in me. 

I'm down nine pounds. My clothes are starting to feel looser, and I feel better. I'm doing a Tuesday and Friday running schedule. I *should* do more, but for now, twice a week at 5:30am is enough. I have found that having two days between workouts has been perfect for me not feeling sore and sluggish. I just need to figure out a better path for my runs. Right now what I'm running is too short (just over a mile) and I need at least 1.5 miles.

Okay... that's enough for an update. I've started blogging on Gus's blog again, so be sure to check it out!! I'm just doing pictures right now (a picture from each day from 2010, 2011 and 2012). It's incredible to see how much he's grown!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment