Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Not Meant To Be??

So the other day, Gus and I went strawberry picking with Kathryn and Aubree. We had talked about expanding our families and we talked about adoption. I'm not getting any younger and I would like another baby. In fact, I'd like two more kids. I grew up as one of three kids and I love having two brothers and six nieces and nephews. I want Gus to have multiple siblings and someday, hopefully he will know the joys of being an uncle.

Well... timing is a funny thing. When I got home from our day on the farm, I put Gus down for a nap and then hopped on my computer. There was a message waiting for me on Facebook. It was from a girl named Kelly that I went to high school with.

She said that a friend of hers has a mother-in-law that's an attorney and she has a girl who is pregnant and looking for someone to adopt. She said she immediately thought of us and wanted to see if we were interested, and if we were, she'd pass on our info to her friend to give to her MIL to share with the pregnant girl.

The kicker is that the girl is pregnant with TRIPLETS. Holy friggin cow. So I said I'd have to talk to Steve about it, but she could definitely pass on our info. I asked for more info and was told that the girl was kicked out of her house by her parents and was living with her OB-GYN while waiting for delivery. Kelly said she was in MI but that's all the info that she had. She said she'd be glad to share our adoption blog with her friend's mom though.

That was last week. We've heard nothing about it since.

It's probably for the best. I mean, three babies at once. It'd be one thing if I was pregnant and having triplets, but to just go out and adopt three at once... I don't know. When I talked to Steve about it, he was very honest and said he didn't think he could do three. I have to respect that. I honestly don't even know if I could do three.

It made me think about Gus and how much I will miss just the time with me and him. Am I selfish for not wanting to bring a baby into our family yet? I adore him. I can't even imagine loving another child like I love him. He is so incredibly special to me and means more to me than I can even express. I can't imagine having to share my love with another child (much less THREE more babies).

I think everything happens for a reason and there's a time and place for everything. If we're meant to bring a baby into our family anytime soon, it'll happen. We still have a house to sell (PLEASE SEND SOME PRAYERS THAT WE GET AN OFFER AND SELL IT SOON!!!!!) before we can do anything. Maybe I'll feel differently about this when Gus is a little older.

The worst thing is that I don't want more than a three-four year difference between him and a sibling. Oh well, not much I can do about this right now. Just wanted to share my thoughts. As always, thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think it would be selfish if you didn't think of yourself, Gus and Steve in this decision. Three babies would have a big impact on any family. I would think it would be challenging regardless. Introducing another child brings about changes no matter what. When it is meant to happen it will. Don't over think it. There truly is no perfect time IMO.

Cat's Litterbox said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Heather aka Proud Mama Thanks Heather. You're absolutely right, there's no perfect time!! :-)

TTABaby said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We must be in each others heads- DH and I have been talking about baby # 2 as well. Since adoption is so uncertain its hard to "plan" your #2. Our initial plan was to hop right back on the list once we got our tax credit but adoption is a HUGE financial hit (due to no paid FMLA to the fact that fees are expensive) plus the emotional hit. I can't imagine growing up without siblings but at the same time adoption is hard enough when its just you and your spouse!

Triplets sure would make your home come alive!! You would just run around your house rather then the neighborhood :)

Lacey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What, like it's hard?! ;)

Post a Comment