Sunday, July 27, 2014

Fully Potty Trained



We weren't going to attempt night-time potty-training for a few more weeks, but we ran out of night-time diapers, and I decided we'd just see how it goes. I told Gus that if he woke up and needed to go potty, he could just go right into the bathroom and there'd be a light on in there for him (a night-light). I told him that the first thing that he needed to do when waking up was to go potty. He agreed.

This was all last week, and we haven't had one accident yet (knock on wood). He's been going potty in the middle of the night, and goes first thing in the morning. It's like his body was just ready for all this and it all finally clicked.

It's pretty awesome to not have to buy diapers for him anymore. It's a big thing to be fully potty trained, and I'm thankful that he was able to do it on his terms, and do it when he was ready. There were a lot of times when we tried and it wasn't time, and I'm glad we gave it a break and backed off until he was ready.

Hugh has been showing interest in the potty, but isn't able to tell us that he has to go, and can't pull his pants down on his own yet. So for now, we just celebrate when he'll sit on the potty, and I'm patient and know that when he's really ready, it'll all come together and will be awesome. Just like it has been with Gus.

I'm so proud of him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment