Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Live Band Karaoke





Have you ever wanted to do something but never dreamed it'd be possible? Singing with a live band is something that I have always wanted to do, but never in a million years did I think it'd ever be a possibility.

Enter Live Band Karaoke.

The first time I went, I had fun, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I was thinking that everything would be with a live band, and most of the songs that were sung were with a track. I considered singing, but was too scared and no one would sing with me.

Because it was fun, we wanted to go back and see it again. I mean, what's more enjoyable than listening to other people sing and sometimes make fools of themselves? The people-watching is EXCELLENT and provides a lot of entertainment.

So Kylie, Brittany, and Aline and I went to 37 Main for dinner and then headed over for Live Band Karaoke. It was such a great night and as usual, I had a blast with these ladies. They always make me laugh and I always have a great time with them.

The waitress told us about their new app where for a one time $10 purchase, you get a free order of pickle chips each time you go to 37 Main, you get a complimentary shot ($7.50 value), and then $5 off cover charges for concerts, and other specials. I decided to get the app and I enjoyed a Lemonhead shot.

Aline said she'd sing as long as someone sang with her, so I said I'd sing whatever she wanted. We decided to sing Poison's"Talk Dirty to Me." When it was time to go up, I was a bit nervous, but had a little bit of liquid courage to keep me going.  ;-)

I could not believe that I was on a stage, and had a live band behind me. Incredible. We started to sing and could not hear anything (it was so LOUD). I couldn't see anyone, and only focused on the words, but it was fun.

When we finished, everyone gave us high-fives and said we sounded great, however, I have no idea how we sounded because I couldn't hear myself. I mean, Simon, Paula, and Randy HAVE told me that I am an excellent singer, so I think I was somewhat in tune.  ;-)

It was so fun I wanted to go again, so I was able to convince Brittany to go up and sing with me. She was NOT going to sing, but she caved and without a drop of alcohol in her system, she sang Pat Bennetar's "I Love Rock and Roll" with me. It's not my favorite song, but it was fun to go up and sing again.

I was supposed to sing, "Don't Stop Believing" but we left at midnight and they had not called us back up for that one.

Here are some pictures:




And yes, there's even a video. You're welcome.


0 comments:

Post a Comment