Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 55


We had a great day today! We got up and headed to Knightdale with Wendy and the girls. It was so nice to FINALLY see her after going more than a week without her! She got her new glasses and looked incredible. :)

We decided to get some Mexican for lunch and headed to the place in HS. While we had lunch, Gus took a nap and I snapped a few pictures of him.


When we finished lunch, Wendy took Gus and the girls to The Dollar Store and I headed to Fantastic Sam's and got my hair cut. I don't know how it actually looks yet because I pulled it back right away, and she didn't wash it (annoying). I just wanted something simple and cheap, and that's what I got. I figure my, "It's hair... it'll grow back" attitude is a good one to have when going to a place like FS for a trim.

I headed back to the Dollar Store and found a cute frog smock for Gus (he's too little now, but it was $1 and he'll eventually need one). Then I said bye to Wendy and headed to Wal-Mart to do our grocery shopping for the week. I'm pretty impressed with myself. Not only did I do the shopping by myself, but I also put everything away AND cleaned up the kitchen so that it was presentable for Steve's dad and Sue Ann.

While I was cleaning and preparing dinner (Crack Casserole and Caesar salad), Gus decided to crawl into the tiny space for his toys. He squeezed himself into the area and was so delighted to be in there with all his toys.
Steve got home and we had dinner, and then watched some of Idol from last night. Then his dad and Sue Ann arrived around 7:15ish and we visited with them while they had dinner. Gus ended up staying up until 8:45... and we'll see how that goes over tonight. I'm praying that he sleeps until 8:45 tomorrow morning.
On another note... today is the day that all my Scholastic Teacher Advisor friends are arriving in NYC for the weekend with Scholastic. It makes me sad that I was excluded this year, but there's nothing I can do about it. Some of my good friends from last year have sent me messages and texts today saying that they're thinking about me, and it made me feel a little better. :(

I still want to blog about my feelings on meeting the birth families, but I am too tired to do that now. I'll get to it this weekend.

See you tomorrow... It's supposed to be in the 70s and I can't wait!!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment