Monday, June 06, 2011

Day 157

What a long day!

We got up and went down for breakfast... Gus usually is happy until I go to put him down in the livingroom, and today was no exception. We had breakfast (English Muffin, fruit, and some yogurt) and then went into the livingroom and played all morning.




After playing all morning, Gus was more than ready for his nap at 11:00. He fell asleep right away and slept for two and a half hours. While he slept, I worked on some items for Cat's Custom Classroom Creations-- a new Daily Schedule.
I saw something like this online and it was selling for $45. Granted, it was magnetic, but still-- I figured it was something that I could easily make and personalize as well and only sell for $15 and still be worth the money. Basically, it's for preschoolers to see what their day will hold and you can discuss the schedule while you're having breakfast, or getting ready in the morning. The fewer surprises, the better the day should be for the child. With this, the parent can either ask the child for imput for planning their day, or the parent can schedule it and share with the child so they know what to expect. I think it's AWESOME!

Gus woke up and was ready for lunch, so we headed down and I made us lunch. After we ate, we went into the livingroom and played all afternoon. We played with the balls, we built blocks and Gus thoroughly enjoyed knocking them down. He and Elphie played, and then he played alone for a bit while I watched tv. It was a good afternoon and around 4, he started rubbing his eyes. He had taken a nice long nap, so I didn't think he could be tired already (he didn't wake up until 1:30), but I took him upstairs to see if he'd go back down.

Well... for almost an hour he fought the sleep and in the end, he won. I was in the middle of changing him when Steve came up and surprised us.



I captured the instant that Gus saw Steve coming in the door... so precious!

We decided to try and put Gus back down since maybe he was upset about having a dirty diaper. Nope... that wasn't it either. I went down to make dinner and Steve stayed up with Gus. After about twenty minutes, they both came down.

We had a nice dinner and then some Jello for dessert and then soon after, Gulbike arrived. She and I went up for our hour and Gus went on a VERY brief walk with Gulbike's mom. Then when we finished our hour session, Gulbike and her mom took Ned for a walk. They decided that next Monday, instead of tutoring, Gulbike would just walk the dogs. It's fine with me! :)

I don't know when we'll pick back up again... maybe not until after this summer. It's been nice though and I've enjoyed working with her!

Tomorrow we've got my MOMS Club meeting. I am planning on going, but it'll all depend on Gus's mood. He's been getting cranky around 11:00 and the meeting starts at 10:30. I guess I can always leave early if he's too bad.

OMG so last night, while I should have been sleeping, instead, I was listening to Coast to Coast, and this guy was on there talking about the Catholic Church (Brother Diamond was his name). He went off on a tangent and said that JPII was the anti-Christ and that the church is falling as we know it... the only REAL Catholic church is that of pre-Vatican II and he went on and on about women on the altar, JPII wearing IV IV IV (666) on his hat and a bunch of other crazy shit that totally got me going. I almost called my mom to tell her to listen!!! Instead, I hope she'll follow my links that I provided above and tell me what she thinks.

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment