Thursday, June 09, 2011

Day 160

I
Am
Tired

Gus woke up this morning around 7 and while it was later than 6, it was still late, because Steve and I stayed up all night talking. :)

I decided that we'd go to Wal-Mart and do our grocery shopping early and be home in time for a nap. The plan was a good one, but while we were shopping, Gus has a poop-tastrophy. He pooped, which I smelled, but then, to make it horrific, his diaper came off in his pants... and I was trying hard to rush through the store so I could get him home. The ONE time I didn't bring my diaper bag... was the time I needed it.

On his right leg (left side of the picture), you can see the diaper...

We got home, I changed him, and then it was naptime. He slept for a little over two hours. 

We had lunch and the waited for Kristen and Grace to arrive so we could go to the pool. While we waited... Gus played and cried.
Tears are more common now that he's teething  :(

We went to the pool with K and G and then also with Wendy and the girls. It was a lot of fun and now I've got a burn on my arms. Yes... I used sunscreen.



 I think the pool wore Gus out too. We got home and I made dinner and put on the tv. This is what I saw when I came in to see what he was up to...
TOTALLY in the zone on the floor...

Steve got home and we had dinner and then I had to get ready for my AGD VST conference call. I'd never been on one before, and somehow got myself volunteered to take minutes (PAIN IN MY BUTT). 

While I was waiting for the call, my mom called to wish us a happy anniversary. I couldn't think of an anniversary... and then she told me that four years ago today we moved to NC. Just like that... in that blink of a second, I got completely homesick. I love NC and like being close to the beach, but my heart absolutely ACHES to be back near family. I miss not having my parents and Steve's dad and Sue Ann close to be around Gus. I miss my brother and his family and it kills me that I don't get to see my nieces. In my ideal world, both brothers would live in MI and so would we. All close, and raising our families together.

So... now I am homesick and sad. I have moments like this where I say, "I just want to go home..." but usually they pass. For some reason, I just don't feel it passing soon and I am in a funk. I want to be there when my mom has her hip surgery at the end of the month. I want to be there to hold my new niece. I want to be there to have a 4th of July get together. I want my family and it's not going to happen and it makes me very sad.

Anyway... my call went well and I survived. Now I'm off to bed.
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment