Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Day 158



Blah. That's my mood today.

I think every month I get into a funk (I'm sure it's hormonal) and it's hard to shake being very pessimistic. It only lasts for a few days, but man, when it's here, it's hell.

So this morning we got up and did our usual routine of breakfast and play. We had my MOMS Club meeting today, so our morning wasn't completely routine.

Gus likes to climb on everything he can!!!

Notice the Cheese-It on the floor behind Gus...

See Hobo??

Gus and his snacks (he likes to feed himself)

Yes. Hobo ate the Cheese-It  >^..^<


I saw an email this morning from a lady in my MOMS Club selling a bunch of stuff, but amongst her offerings was a green children's chair from Ikea for $4 and a bag full of baby-proofing stuff for $8. I figured that it would be worth $12 so I emailed her back and said I'd take the two items. She asked about the next event that I was going to, and if she could give me them then, or if I wanted to pick them up from her. When I asked about the meeting today, she said she was taking her kids to Marbles (kids' museum) instead. Kinda weird... but whatever. She ended up bringing the stuff over on her way to the museum.

Gus and I left for my meeting and we waited in the parking lot for someone to arrive. Today was the voting for officers for the next year, and I was nominated for VP Membership. I kinda wanted to win, but only so I could directly be apart of some change that I feel is so needed. I didn't win though. I was bummed for about a second and then I took it as God's will and putting me on a path that I'm meant to be on. Obviously this isn't part of the plan, so I have to just go with it.


While at the meeting, the kids were all in the playroom and it was so strange to see Gus playing with all the kids and toys. He was just a baby and now he's a big boy, walking around, playing with things like the other kids. I don't necessarily like that a lot of the bigger kids don't watch for him and knock him down... I am going to be vigilant when it comes to make sure that Gus isn't a bully. I see so many kids (mind you, they're toddler/preschool age) that I foresee being bullies when they're older. I think most parents laugh it off, and say, "They're just kids," but the same kind of meanness that I have seen first-hand, makes me cringe.

Gus was doing well at the meeting, but we got to 11 and he started to get cranky. We packed up our stuff and left and the meeting was still going on. I shouldn't say it was a meeting... the "meeting" portion was over, it was really just a bunch of women talking. So we didn't miss anything.

We got home and I fed Gus lunch (it was around noon). He had some yogurt and a piece of string cheese. He went down without a fight and slept for over two hours. When he got up, we went downstairs and played for a while.

I've got a new project... I'm making a wish-list of all the things that I want to get for Gus as he's getting older. I am not sending him to preschool, so the things that I want to do with him, are going to be AMAZING! I just need those things. I wish I had a way of getting donors to contribute to my project... hmmmm.

Anyway, the newest item that I want made is a plexi-glass easel. It goes for $900 and I KNOW it can be made for much less. Here's what I want (but a little smaller):
I like this because you just hose off the paint... it saves paper and it's pretty cool!! I am certain that my dad, husband, or FIL can make this for me. They better start working on these projects for me... by the time they get finished, it should be time to need them for Gus!

I also want to get him a table and the other Ikea chair to go with the one he now has. I told Steve tonight that I want to use the screen porch for a lot of projects (sensory bins, plexi-glass easel, and water table). I have so many ideas in my head... I can't wait to start doing these fun projects with Gus!

Anyway... one other side note. We thought there was a chance of a baby in our future... I won't go into detail, but I was contacted about whether or not Steve and I were looking to adopt again because someone we know had a connection to someone who was pregnant and looking at options. This is the second time this has happened, but this time had a little more potential. Well... I found out that the girl isn't pregnant (they're not sure if she ever was), but there's no baby. :(

I know the right thing will happen and God has a plan for us... but it was disappointing. Not that I'm jumping the gun to expand our family, but I want Gus to grow up with a sibling, and when/if the timing is right, it'll be a welcomed thing. So... I am disappointed, but it is what it is, and I have to trust that the right thing will happen for us.

I can't wait for tomorrow... we have NOTHING going on. It should be AMAZING! Maybe I'll take Gus to the pool... we'll see.

>^..^<

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A lot of things can be done inexpensively. You can paint on windows. Yes, you have to clean it, but young children love to clean. Use rubbermaid bins with rice or beans for sensory. Easy cleanup and easy fun. Sorry about the baby. It will all work out. Love you.

Post a Comment