Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 164



This morning Gus woke up around 6am and wouldn't go back to sleep. He got around eight hours sleep total last night. To make matters worse, we were out shopping all morning and he didn't take a nap for more than a few minutes in the car.

We had breakfast (he had a banana, a cereal bar and some of my English muffin) and then we went to the mall with Wendy and the girls. On the way to the mall, we stopped at Copy Max and I dropped off a TON of stuff that I needed/wanted laminated. I wasn't sure how much it'd cost, but it was too large for my personal laminator.

We went to the mall and hit up JC Penny (we didn't get anything) and then walked over to Rack Room shoes. I hate places like this because they always have a BOGO 1/2 off sale and it makes you feel like you HAVE to buy at least two pairs of shoes. HOWEVER, if you buy more than two, like say three or four, they take the two highest priced shoes and you pay full price, and then you get 1/2 off the two cheapest pair. Not always a good deal.

Today, I was able to find two CUTE pairs of shoes for Gus. One is a size 6 and too big for now, but they're shoes that light up and I know he'll love them. They're Sketchers and were originally $45 and I got them for $8.50. Then I got a second pair, not sure of the brand, but they're size 5 and Gus can wear them now, and they've got the Cars characters of them... AND they light up. They were originally $45 and I got them for $5.60. So when I paid, I got both pair for $11.30 before tax, and $12 and some change total. Not too bad for two cute light-up pairs of shoes for Gus!!

While we were waiting for Wendy and the girls to decide on their shoes, I took Gus over to a mirror and let him enjoy seeing himself. He was enamored with his reflection and LOVED looking at the boy on the other side of the mirror.









After we went shopping, we headed to Red Robin for lunch and Gus had a TON of food. He had a bunch of mac-n-cheese, a huge bowl of mandarin oranges (which he LOVES), some cheese, egg, and chicken from my salad, some bread, and some fries. And, he had about 6 ounces of milk on top of all that. He was starvin' marvin!!

We left Red Robin and I had to run Wendy back to the mall... then I went to Michael's because I had a 40% off any single item coupon. I wanted to see if they had a lightbox, which they did, but they were selling them for $100!! Even with my coupon that's too much money... so I decided to get some cardstock (paper) and a Five Little Monkeys Super Sticker Activity Book for Gus. After Michael's, we headed to Copy Max to get my laminating... it was more than $40! That's a lot more than I had expected to pay, but at least I know now. 

We stopped at Chick-Fil-A for drinks on the way home and then I dropped off Wendy and the girls and brought Gus inside. I cut out all my laminating and then Steve got home. We tried to put Gus down for a nap (since he didn't take one today), but he just cried and wasn't laying down. So instead we dealt with a VERY tired boy. I am hoping that he sleeps 14 hours tonight.

We had dinner and then Gulbike and her mom came to walk the dogs. I found out that she passed all her EOGs (HOORAY)!! She didn't think she passed the science, but she did! I'm so proud of her!

After they came back with the dogs, we came up here for bed. Tomorrow morning we're going to Kristen and Grace's for a playdate. Hopefully Gus sleeps well tonight. I have another conference call tomorrow night at 8 and I think Steve had a dinner thing tomorrow. It'll be an interesting day. Hopefully there will be two naps in the picture tomorrow and Gus won't be a beast by bed.

>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment