Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 199


July 18, 2010

July 18, 2011

It's been a year that we've been cloth diapering Gus! I know this because I took a picture of him a year ago wearing his first cloth diaper! We had just gotten settled in from our return home from MI and we had to wash all the diapers like three or four times each before we could use them. Now we're old pros!
Morning feeding

Mid-Morning feeding (Mindy Jo on the left >^..^<)

A year ago today, my brother Dave, his wife Heather, and my niece and nephews arrived for a visit. It was so great to have them here and be able to relax and enjoy their company! Here are some pictures of them while they were here for their first day in NC:
Dave

Aine practicing her violin

Eamon practicing his violin
Sweet baby Gus sleeping and stretched so comfy!

Today we got up and Gus was quite and content in his crib so I took a quick shower. When I got out, he was still quiet so I was very happy. :)

We headed downstairs and had breakfast... (leftover ham and cheese hashbrown casserole) and then Wendy and Ashley came over. Today was the first full-day of kindergarten and Wendy was stressed. I asked her to help me make some meatballs (for my dinner tonight) and she agreed. :)

I love Wendy. I really really do. She is so incredibly easy to talk to, and makes me laugh like no other female that I know. :)

The kids hang out watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for a bit... and then once we started the meatballs and sauce, they watched Aladdin



We both had to go to Harris Teeter, so we went together. The kids shared the double car cart... Gus LOVED it!!!

While we were there, there was a basket with some clearance stuff in it. I was able to get the insulated Playtex sippy cups (usually $5) for $1.60 each. I got Gus all of the boy ones that they had (only like three) and then I got a bunch for Chrsitie to use with Lily and eventually Charlie. I also found some Gerber fruit twists (Gus loves them) for sale for like $1.20 each instead of $3.99 and then some nursing pads for $2 instead of $8!!! I was super excited!!

We came back to the house and had lunch and then I made brownies. Wendy went and picked up Kaitlyn from school and Ashley stayed here since she was sleeping. Then Kaitlyn came home and we all had brownies and ice cream to celebrate Kaitlyn's first day. It was fun!!

I FINALLY got ahold of Stacy Hood from CareerStep!! I tried to go online to register for classes, but there was an issue with me hitting the back button and then the server assumed I was committing fraud and my card was declined. So I have to wait until tomorrow to try again... at least I'll be getting registered tomorrow and then I get free textbooks ($30 shipping and handling but the books and foot peddle are included). I'll start my program August 3rd and I'll have four months (and two are there as a back-up if needed) and then the second part is another four months (with an additional two months if needed). It's an eight month program, but there are four extra months to make it a year-long program if needed (and there's no penalty or fees to extend to a year).

I'm not exactly eager to go back to school, but I am eager to start making money!!!

Tomorrow Kristen and Grace are coming over to play. Should be fun!!!
Nite!!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment