Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 200


July 19th, 2010

July 19th, 2011

This morning we got up and had breakfast and then Kristen and Grace came over to play for the morning. The kids had a great time together and it was nice to chat with Kristen. I love how easy she is to talk to, and despite being totally different and having different likes (I watch tv, she doesn't), we are able to hang out and have fun.

Here are my pictures from today:


Who knows what they were plotting...

Grace loved the big balloon!





Determined to reach Kristen's Starbucks!

Playing in the house together... too cute!


This made me laugh!


Poor Purry...



Grace loves kitties... especially the ones that don't run away when she gets close!




"Hello?"


You can see Gus's top tooth that has come through!!

A boy and his cat!








The Mum Mum discussion












Grrrrrrrr



Fat Eddie made an appearance today for Kristen and Grace


LOL- he's giving Grace the stink eye!



Everything is SOOOOOO funny!



CHEESE!!!!

Upset... mama had to leave the room for a second!!

Better with mama!

So after they left, I put Gus down for a nap. He slept for more than two hours so I was quite pleased. I tried to go on and sign up for classes again and yet again, the system wouldn't let me. GRRRRRR I will have to call Stacy tomorrow and see if I can get it ironed out.

Gus got up and we played in the playroom for a bit before going downstairs for lunch.





The remainder of the day was spent playing, watching tv, reading, and listening to music and enjoying watching Gus dance. He's so funny when he dances!!

Steve worked late tonight so I couldn't go to my HS Book Club. It was a long day and even longer without Steve here. Wendy brought me over some fried squash (I had never had it before) that was DEEEEEELICIOUS!!! It was my dinner and then I fed Gus dinner (he had mandarin oranges, yogurt, a peach, and some of the squash.). 

I found out tonight that the "possible" adoption situation is a no-go. I have mixed feelings about it... and it's really brought up a lot of new emotions about everything. My friend Amanda from high school contacted me a month ago about a married couple that she knew that just found out that they were pregnant and they were looking for a family to adopt their baby. I gave her our info and waited. Then she let me know that the husband was all on board, but the wife wasn't (RED FLAG). Then she said they were having some major marital issues... and then today she told me that they've decided to go with another family (one that they met through their OB). I think it's definitely for the best... but it still is disappointing.

I know that things happen as God wants them to happen, but it got me thinking... what if we're only going to have Gus? What if another baby isn't in the cards for us? With not being able to conceive, it was a huge reality check that we wouldn't be starting a family through our own DNA. But with adoption, it's like totally out of your control. You can only do so much and then you REALLY have to sit back and wait. I guess I'm not sure how comfortable I am with just waiting and waiting. I suppose I can only keep enjoying Gus and leave it up to God if our family will expand or not. I pray that it will... but I guess I should pray that I accept things as they're meant to be instead. So totally not easy to accept right now.

Anyway...

A year ago today we went to the NC Science Museum with Dave, Heather and the kids. We also went to Tir-Na-Nog for lunch and saw the NC Capitol building. Here are some fun pictures of all of us a year ago:
Aine feeding Gus

Dave and Eamon

Aine, Benton, and Eamon at the Liberty Bell outside of the NC History and Science Museums

Aine inside the shark mouth at the NC Science Museum

Aine and Gus and Eamon at the museum

I can't believe how tiny he was!!

Dave and the kids playing foos-ball at Tir-Na-Nog

Gus was totally wore out from his busy day out and about Raleigh!

Tomorrow we're going to Kid Blast in Angier for the morning. It should be fun! I'm going to take my camera so I can get a lot of pictures... Grace and Kristen will be there, along with Lacey and the triplets, and then I think Alison and Tristan and Gabriel will be there too! Should be a lot of fun!!

>^..^<

1 comments:

will + adri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Adoption is hard because you never know when/if a baby is going to be joining your family. I think the unknown is hard for me to digest too. However, I totally agree that it's God's timing, God's plan, and that one day we will understand it all.

Totally enjoy every second of your life with Gus. Relish in those wonderful moments that you already cherish and never forget how lucky you are to have him in your life. If he's the only one, it's probably for a reason that's bigger than anyone can fathom right now. When, and if, another baby is destined to join you three it will happen. Until then, just have fun and keep on taking amazing pictures to document how much you love and adore that little fellow!

Hugs!

Post a Comment