Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 203


July 22, 2010

July 22, 2011

This morning we woke up around 8:15 and then headed downstairs for a bite to eat before we had to leave for church. Suzanne came at 8:45 and we were still here.. meaning, we were already late for church!!

My inlaws ended up going with us (me and Gus) and we had a nice time! I'm so thankful they came with me, as it was my first time attending the weekday mass. It was a quick mass... we were back in the car and almost home by 9:40 (it started promptly at 9). Totally do-able with a toddler!! Of course, Gus was enjoying talking to God (lol) and the echo of the church only increased the frequency and loudness of his chatter.

We left church and headed home. I made us all ham, egg, and cheese bagel sandwiches and then Sue Ann had a conference call that she had to be on. I put Gus down for a nap and he slept for about an hour.

After Gus got up, the four of us (my inlaws and me and Gus) headed to Cary Town Center (mall) so Sue Ann could get her glasses replaced (she lost them yesterday and couldn't find them anywhere). While we were there, we headed to the food court for lunch.

I totally shouldn't have picked Burger King for lunch-- it was disgusting. I will NEVER eat at the food court BK ever again. GROSS.

After lunch, we headed to the carousel and I paid the $1.75 for Gus to take his very first ride. He was okay at first, but about 1/2 way through, he wanted off and was crying.



We headed back to Lens Crafters to see if the one-hour glasses were done... and they were about 15 minutes from being done. So we headed to the DQ/Orange Julius and had an ice cream. Gus was so happy!



Grandma Walker was feeding him ice cream




He LOVED the cone... but then he dropped it




I saw one of my former students (Burton) and said hello to him-- he's going into 8th grade. CRAZY!!

Sue Ann's glasses were done and we headed back to the house. Steve was here and we visited with him (briefly) and then I put Gus down for a nap that he refused. We eventually gave up and brought him into our bedroom for a bit.

We headed to Mamma Mia's for dinner tonight. It was sooooo good!! We stopped at Wachovia and got some cash for the Farmers Market tomorrow. We're going to leave Gus with my inlaws and then Steve and I are going to see Harry Potter in 3D!! Should be fun!!

Here are some additional pictures from a year ago:






See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment