Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 202


July 21, 2010

July 21, 2011

Here are a few more pictures for a year ago:










I also have two videos from a year ago:


It's amazing to see these videos from a year ago and see how tremendous the growth is over the course of a year! Truly incredible!

This morning we got up and I made buttermilk waffles from scratch. They were delicious but Gus wasn't hungry (he's still not feeling well). He had a bite and some milk and that's it. Steve (FIL) left to pick up Sue Ann from the airport and they were going to go out to eat and said not to worry about them for lunch. Wendy texted me to see if I wanted to go to Fuquay with her and do some shopping at the consignment shops, so I said yes. She came over, had a waffle, and we left.

I got Gus a few things while we were out and spent very little. I was quite pleased with myself. At the one shop, Ashley was playing with Gus and it was really cute. She would go and hide and come out of no where and tickle him and then go hide again. I captured a few pictures:
Spotting Ashley

Bracing himself for her tickles

Tickle monster!!

He loved it!

We headed to All Aboard Pizza for lunch. It was good but the service was TERRIBLE. I've got a sinking feeling that they'll be going out of business within six months. They dropped the prices on their pizza, but everything else is so incredibly over-priced. While we waited for our food, Gus actually colored!!!
I am so proud of him!!!

Using his right hand...

You can see the scribble marks on the paper! <3

After lunch, I headed to The Teeter for some last-minute items and then Wendy stayed in the car with the kids. She must have gotten bored, because she totally cleaned the inside of my car (YAHOO!!!). It looks so good... even Steve commented on it tonight!

We came home, she helped me carry in groceries and then she had to go home. Gus needed a nap but wasn't quite ready. He and Grandpa Walker read together for a little bit:


Gus went down for his nap and slept for over two hours, but woke up three different times and cried himself back to sleep. Poor little man.

When he finally got up, we went into the playroom and played for a little bit.
He loves to climb into this big chair. I'd love to have a chair that's his size (a comfortable one... not the plastic little one)

Determined to grab a toy

LOL

Gus loves making the parts pop up on this one!


He carried his pop-up toy to his table and played with it over in front of the window  :)

We headed downstairs and I gave Gus a snack. Steve got home and then we visited for a bit before we headed to Longhorn Steakhouse (YUM) for dinner. Steve's dad and Sue Ann gave Gus the cutest gift... a John Deere tractor that he can ride!!






He absolutely loves it!!!

Tomorrow, Steve is going to be able to come home early (YAY) because the huddle they had planned at work is cancelled due to the excessive heat. It's supposed to be in the 100s with a heat index of over 110. That's crazy hot... and no breeze makes it even worse!

See you tomorrow!
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment