Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 201


July 20th, 2010 

July 20th, 2011

Last night around 11:30, Gus woke up screaming. We gave it a few minutes to see if he would go back to sleep, but he was very upset, so we went in. We comforted him, rocked him, walked around the room with him, and he was still very upset. We gave him a little more Tylenol and some milk and put him back down and after fussing for a bit, he finally fell back asleep. I was in such a deep sleep, that when I got up I could have swore that it was 4am.

We ended up sleeping until around 8 and then we went downstairs for breakfast. Wendy and Ashley came over for a little bit and then Gus and I had to leave to head to Kid Blast to meet Lacey, Kristen and the girls. 

How would I describe today? Two words come to mind... EPIC FAILURE. Yes... I should have known it'd be a rough morning based on Gus coughing and sneezing and having a VERY runny nose. He just didn't feel good and I wasn't sure if it was teething or illness. I think he has a cold.

So we got to Kid Blast in Angier and paid the $2.50 entrance fee (it's usually $5 but it's 1/2 off each Monday and Wednesday). This is what it looks like inside:
GIANT inflatables

BIG warehouse like space

This little gem is for 5 and under only

We started off by me putting Gus inside the "Helicopter Island" (for kids five and under only) and I went in with him. He was okay for a bit and then wanted out. Because it's an inflated surface... my knee started to seriously hurt after like five minutes in, and my ankles hurt too. I had to get out. I've got bad ankles anyway, but with the floor being so unstable, it wasn't going to work for me, I kept Gus inside and stayed out and took pictures.
Like I said... he started off happy...

Then he didn't like it so much

Lacey and Maddie (Maddie didn't have fun either)

I took this while I was inside. Kristen was dropping off Grace and then she came in

He was checking everything out

Fell from the "pool" and that was it

I had gone out at this time... and he wasn't happy that I left him in there
 
"Mama..."

Kristen and Lacey were calling him over to come play with the girls, but he wasn't having it.

So I took him out and we explored the place a little. I thought I saw a baby play area on their website and I was determined to find it and see if Gus would enjoy that more than the inflated area.

We found the baby play area and it was fun for a few minutes and then Gus wanted to explore

Seriously running ahead of me...

Mini Golf... he wanted to go outside

He was absolutely AMAZED by the big kids playing air hockey

He found the crane game and was amazed at all the colors

We headed back to the island and I thought I'd try again... so I put him back in. He wasn't happy.

Lacey and Maddie and Reagen

Sweet little Reagen

Grace and Hadley had a BLAST together!

Kristen came over and grabbed Gus and took him to the "pool" 

He wanted OUT and to be with mama

He seemed to enjoy playing in there... but only until he saw me and then he would start crying

Back in the pool with the girls

"See ya Grace!"

MOM I WANT OUT!!!

Totally upset... so we headed back to the baby play area

We stayed in there for quite a while!



I want to get a kitchen like this for Gus... he LOVED it!



He loves to go down slides on his belly!
Back to the kitchen with a new friend!
So I decided to try the island ONE MORE TIME. This time I put him in on the side... and then I went around the front where he couldn't see me (BAD IDEA)

I saw Lacey in the pool and instantly thought, "Calgon... take me away!!" LOL

Lacey in the pool with all the kids and an additional kid!

Kristen grabbed Gus and tried to get him in the pool...

Lacey and the girls (Reagen (L), Maddie (Middle) and Hadley)

BUT... Gus kept running back to the side to find me and I wasn't there... Kristen grabbed him a few times!

And he'd run off again to the side to find me!

TOTALLY pissed and ready to go home... poor baby

Grace had fun!
So I think we'll hold off on going back to Kid Blast (or any place like it) for a while. Gus wasn't feeling good, it was naptime, and he was hungry and thirsty. I put him in the car and he fell asleep while I stood out and talked to Kristen.

We got home and had lunch and then I put him down for a nap... he slept for more than two hours. While he was napping, I talked to the lady from CareerStep and am in the process of getting everything straightened out. I talked to another lady and filled out the registration form and then scanned it back to her. Tomorrow I have to call and pay for the course and then Friday, the lady is supposed to call me back to confirm that I'm all registered to start August 3rd.

Tonight I made my skillet corn and it was soooooooo good!!! Better than I had ever expected! I also made baked BBQ chicken and roasted Yukon Gold potatoes. I thought it was a delicious dinner and we had brownies for dessert. :)

Steve's dad arrived tonight and we spent the remainder of the night visiting with him.



Gus and Steve dancing  :)



Tomorrow, Sue Ann flies into RDU around 11 and then will be coming to the house (Steve- my FIL is picking her up). I'm hoping my knee feels better tomorrow because it's throbbing right now!!!

On another note... here are some other awesome pictures of Gus from a year ago:
1st attempt at baby wearing

Gus didn't like it so much

He was so tiny... sleeping in my arms <3

I miss him being this little!!!

I see these pictures and it makes me want another baby. I want to keep focused on Gus and enjoy each day with him... but I also can't wait to be a mom again... and I sure hope it happens eventually.

I think when I turn 35 I am going to need a serious get away to just have a cry-it-out fit. I feel like the window of opportunity for ever carrying a baby inside me is just about closed and it's hard to face. Granted... it's out of my control and not like we haven't been trying... but it still seriously sucks. I hope once I turn 35 I can close that chapter permanently and just be content with things as they are. It's just so damn hard. :(

Heavy sigh.
>^..^<

0 comments:

Post a Comment