Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 272


September 29th, 2010

September 29th, 2011

We had a GREAT day today! No temper tantrums and no screaming. We got up and headed down for breakfast. Suzanne came to clean and Gus and I played while she cleaned upstairs.



Gus went down for his nap at 11 and he slept for two hours. When he got up, I gave him a snack and then we headed to Wal-Mart for some groceries that we couldn't get at the Teeter last night.

While at Wal-Mart, I got Gus the Mega Blocks that he's been LOVING at Kristen's. He played with them at his cousin Lily's too and just really loves them. They're bigger than Duplo and he can't play with those yet because he tries to eat them and they're small enough to choke him. The Mega Blocks are big and he can't swallow them.

I also got him a little shopping cart. It came with five boxes for pretend shopping. I knew he'd love it... it was only $10!!! I couldn't believe that it was $10!! We got home and had lunch and then he played with his shopping cart, Mega Blocks, and wooden food (that we got last week) for more than an hour. It was amazing!!
He kept taking things out of the cart and then putting them back into the cart








Chewing on a hotdog (wooden)



My Gymboree clothes and bubbles came today! I got Gus three shirts that are SO CUTE!! One looks like a sweater over a dress shirt with a bow-tie, then there's a referee shirt with a whistle, and the last one is a t-shirt with a backpack... they are adorable and were on sale. Then his bubble wand and bubbles came... we played with them after dinner and he LOVED it!!

Gus went down for his afternoon nap at 4 and didn't wake up until 7:15. I'm thinking either it's a growth spurt or teething, but I'll take what I can get!!

At dinner I had my hands on top of my head and Gus mimiced me... he's so funny.


We're supposed to go to 9am mass with Kristen and Grace in the morning and then they're coming over to play after. Not sure if we'll make it to mass since Grace has been up all night and Kristen can't get her to go to sleep. 

Anyway-- I'm super excited for this weekend! We're going to spend Saturday with Will and Adri and I'm excited! We're going to go to their house then to a farm (it's supposed to be like 60-- perfect weather for a pumpkin patch) and do a hayride and get pumpkins, and then back to their place for a bit. Then we're going to all go out for dinner together to celebrate my 35th birthday (which is Sunday)!! It's going to be GREAT!!!

See you tomorrow!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment