Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 286


October 13th, 2010

October 13th, 2011

Today was a good day, but man was it long!!

Gus slept until almost 9 this morning!! Suzanne got here at 8:30 and I had a sign on the door asking her to just come in and not knock (didn't want the dogs to wake Gus up), but the stupid dogs barked at her and it ended up waking him up shortly after.

He had a great day! We played all morning and then when Suzanne came down to clean, Gus and I headed to Target to get my glasses and some pajamas.
All I could see of Gus while he was reading this morning

We got home from Target and had lunch and Gus was exhausted. He went down for a nap and slept for about two hours. When he got up, we headed downstairs to play for the remainder of the day.

I took several videos of Gus today. I wanted to get him doing some baby sign, so there's one of him signing please and thank you (he also beats the dogs with his snack cup throughout that video), and then there's one of him signing for finished. 

He wanted to dress up like Elmo again... so I took a few videos of that and here are some pictures:


Here are a few pictures from dinner and after:




We watched the Tigers win!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!  :D  I am worried that they'll win and clinch the AL Division title and go on to face the Cardinals and have a repeat of 2008 (maybe it was 2009) when they lost the World Series to the stupid Cardinals. Anyway, I'm excited that they won!

I gave Gus a bath and then put him to bed and around 8ish, Steve got home. He had a REALLY nice reception at Mez that was hosted by his friends at work. It was his "going away" party and it was so nice. They gave him an incredible picture and then everyone signed the outside matting of it. It's a picture of The Hill Building with the Burt's Bees logo. So very nice. He also got a hand made wooden thingy with the Burt's name and 2007-2011 on it with his name (it's all engraved on a plaque and then on wood). Then there's a tin of hand salve that has the date stamped on the side of when it was made, and it was super close to his first day at Burt's back in June of 2007. Again, very thoughtful.

Steve was really emotional tonight and said he had been holding it in all day, but let some tears flow with me. It's hard to see him cry, but it's a good cry and I'm thankful that he's had the privilege of working with some really incredible people. He'll probably be a hot mess tomorrow- it's his last day. I think it's hitting him that it's real and that we are leaving.

It hasn't hit me yet.

I think once I go to Atlanta for a visit and can see it for real, and then we look at houses, it'll start to feel real to me. When we have an offer on a house and a closing date and a moving date, I'll probably start to get really emotional. I've made some of the best friends of my life here and to be honest, we probably won't be back in the area anytime soon. Unless someone asks us to come and stay with them, we probably won't come back. Maybe we will... who knows.

Anyway... here are some pictures of a year ago at the MOMS Club pumpkin painting event (which, surprise surprise, was cancelled this year).




0 comments:

Post a Comment