Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 293


October 20th, 2010

October 20th, 2011

What 
A
Long
Day

I don't know what it is about this week in particular, but it's been really tough without Steve here. Maybe it's because I'm on day three of just me and Gus and I'm at max capacity with being exhausted and in desperate need of a break.

Thankfully, Steve got home tonight at 6:45 and all was right with the world again. He told me all about his day and then tonight showed me pictures from his trip. It was as incredible as I'd hoped it would be for him. He'll be home this next week and Halloween and then he goes to Atlanta and it all becomes VERY real.

I feel like we're inching forward at a snail's pace, but soon enough it's all going to come to warp speed. I want it all settled, but I don't want to say goodbye to the people that I've met here and become so attached to. No need to start getting sappy yet, we've got potentially two more months here, but when I start thinking about it, it makes me panic a bit.

However, I have to say that the Atlanta Area Mommies group is INCREDIBLE! I've had multiple private messages welcoming me to the group and they even planned an area activity (going to the zoo) on November 8th because I had mentioned doing something fun (zoo, park, aquarium) and they all jumped in and said, "Let's go to the zoo!" It's really, really comforting to know that there are women there that are so friendly!!

I've also been in touch the the Alpha Gamma Delta alumnae group there and they've welcomed me with open arms as well (which is more than I can say for the Raleigh group). I'm hoping to do some things with them and meet some southern sisters.  :)

This morning Gus got up at 5:30 (his new favorite time) and I changed him and put him back to bed. He was able to sleep until about 8:30 and then we went downstairs for breakfast. He played and then at 11:00 I brought him up for a nap. He didn't fall asleep for a LONG time and when he did sleep, it was only for like an hour.

We met Wendy and Ashley at McDonald's for lunch. Gus was having a blast running around and playing. I needed a break... and so did he. Wendy got me the "Two For the Dough" second Janet Evanovich book!!! I'm so excited to start reading it!!

We went over to Wendy's for a little bit after lunch and then came home and I attempted to put Gus down for a nap, but he refused (AGAIN). This evening was long and full of him getting into everything and testing my patience. Thankfully, Steve came home and it was "Daddy Saved the Day" for everyone.

Here are some pictures from today:


Gus found the Apple TV remote!!! YAY!! We've been looking for it for over two months!

At Wendy's


Ashley and Gus played so well together today!!!



Here are pictures from a year ago:




Tomorrow, I'm picking up Kristen and Grace at 9:30 and we're heading to the fair!! Should be FUN FUN FUN!!! The measuring guy is coming while we're gone and hopefully will be gone when we get back!!

See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment