Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Year of Gratitude #56

A Year of Gratitude #56: My Camera

I'm thankful that I have my Canon. I never thought in a million years, that I'd love photography as much as I do! I guess it's just one of the many passions that I've discovered since Gus happened.

I'm thankful that my dad trusted me with his fancy-schmancy Nikon for a few months back in September of 2010. They came down for Labor Day and we went to the beach and I loved his camera. He let me "borrow" it for a few months (until November) and I had the perfect subject... sweet baby Gus.

I look back on those first few months of using his camera and I love how "green" I was. Everything was with the flash on!

I'm thankful that Steve bought me my Canon for my birthday that year. It's perfect for a beginning photographer and as time has passed, I've developed the need/desire for other lenses. I actually have two that I'm hoping to get sometime in 2012.

While it's not the camera that makes a picture great (it's the photographer's eye and ability to capture the right moment on film)... having a great camera and awesome lenses doesn't hurt!

I'm thankful that Kristen and Thom trusted me enough to take their family pictures. It was a wonderful experience taking their pictures and it was awesome that Grace already knew me... it made it an enjoyable photo shoot.

When Michelle asked me to take her labor/delivery pictures, I was so flattered. It was the second time that someone trusted me with cherished moments. It's one thing to take pictures for yourself, but when someone else asks, it's incredible.

While the labor/delivery wasn't possible, I am so honored that I was able to take June's pictures at the hospital, and here at my house at a week old.

I don't know where the future will take me in regards to my photography passion, but I'm thankful for those who support me, who lift me up with their kind words and feedback, and for those who trust me to take pictures of their family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment